Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I really have nothing to say about the New Year, as I've given it very little thought to past few days. We went all out to celebrate tonight though. I let the kids stay up 'til 9:00 and we played Go Fish. ;-) Put 'em to bed, talked to Tammy (also home alone tonight) for a while, then to Mom (home alone, of course) long enough to keep her awake until it was midnight where she was. She said a lethargic "Wa-Hoo" through a yawn before hanging up and calling it a night. Dad lasted until about 11:50, I think, before he drifted off. What a pity to be so close and then not make it! Not that Dad cares. I find it hard to believe that he was truly trying to begin with.

After I hung up with Mom I got to work on the calendars again and midnight slipped right past me before I realized it. Missed that New Year "Hoo-Rah," I guess! As for the calendars...

THEY'RE DONE!!!!

Well... practically. ;-) I've just got to make a quick cover page for them tomorrow. No more than a 10 minute job, max. So that's the good news: they're DONE. The bad news is that they're really not all that great! They're so ungreat that I'm posting pictures of them before the recipients have received them. If they were to-die-for-cute I would never spoil it for Mom, but... well, you'll see! (You can close your eyes if you want to, Mama! Ha!) It's not horrid, but it's really nothing grand. Until November. That was the one and only page I was truly excited about when it was all over with. Is it grand??? Or do I just think so because I know how many stinkin' hours I spent working on it?!?!? Ha! That paper thing you do, Emilee (I forget what you call it) is CRAZY--at least on this bear stamp. But it was a fun change. And, of course, things always improve when you go a little nutty with the ribbon. So nutty, in fact, that I ran out before I had a chance to add any to the month bar. ANYWAY, here's what we ended up with this year:


























Had to put a close-up of the paper crazed November bear. I love 'im! Can anyone guess at which page I had my "I give up!" surge?! Ha!

Oh,--I wrote the dates on the pages for you this year, Mom, but you'll have to do holidays and daylight savings and stuff like that yourself. I was going to put all of the grandkids' birthdays on for you, but I'm not sure I can remember them all! I know my kids, of course, and I've got Jon & Em's kids down... until Abbie and Zeke! I'm pretty sure Abbie's is July 1st (right???), but all I know for sure about Zeke's is that it's in August. Pick a day, any day!

Okay, that's it. Got to get some sleep so I can start the new year at least somewhat rested instead of wiped out and crabby. :-)

9 comments:

~Amy said...

Aw, it's cute. I wouldn't call it a failure at all. By the way, your new background is way adorable.

Alright, here are my faves: I agree that Nov. is really cute and I'd have to put it high up on the list, but I think July and October are the best ones. And February's titles are really cute. And then April's layout. I'm gonna steal that one, if you don't mind. Very cute. I really like the tags that you used on January, too. I don't think I've used tags yet, but now I'm gonna have to. I like the mini-journaling opportunity they give. I'm supposed to start scrapping our vacation we just went on, so you just gave me some cute ideas. Thanks!!! :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

~Amy said...

Oh, and question: Did you chalk the frames on June's page? The frames are just great.

Vicki Smith said...

I love it all! It's adorable. You know, as a grandma, the PICTURES are the main attraction but I have to agree that the November page and all the ribbon stuff is REALLY GRAND. I'm looking forward to getting it SOON. Thank you so much for all your hard work. It definitely is appreciated and will continue to be appreciated for the entire year.

Tammy K. said...

Becki it is so cute. The pictures are fantastic, I think I like March, May and November the best, but every page is really cute.

EmileeAnn said...

Well done, Becki! You did very good with your paper pieced November bear. He looks great!

I think my favorites are Januaray, June and December. Oh, and February is great too!

The colors on a lot of the pages don't seem characteristic for you...lots of pink, but they work really well.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Momma Tammi said...

I don't know what you've been grumpin' about...it turned out adorable. Can I save the pictures and use them for future inspiration...that is IF I ever find time to get back to scrapbooking?! Ya did good...you are just too hard on yourself! Happy New Year!

cokelady said...

Wow--thanks for the input, everybody! So gracious. ;-)

I think my favorite pages are November (spent too long on the bear to NOT love it--and the ribbon makes me so happy) and December (I just love those papers!), but I also like March and June. And February is fun. The rest are okay. It's always interesting to hear how different people like the different pages though! There's never one page that EVERYBODY thinks is horrible or grand; some like it and some don't!

Amy--The frames on the June page aren't chalked, they're sanded. The cardstock that comes from CTMH is actually white on the inside, making it possible to sand the color off of the outside and get the rough, distressed sort of look. I did the same thing on the March and September pages. I LOVE that look. :-)

Mom--Glad you like it! Sorry you have to wait 10 months before getting to the really great ribbon page. Ha!

Tammy--Thanks! :-)

Em--I KNOW! I don't know what it is with me and all the pink. I'm SO not a PINK person... but those seem to be the papers I reach for all the time! They're just fun. It's even worse since 2/3 of my children are BOYS and they get stuck all over those girly pages, but that just seems to be the way it works! Ha!

Sister Tammi--What??? You mean you're trying to kidnap what I have rightfully stolen?! ;-) I can assure you that most all of the ideas or layouts I used were snagged from some other source, so you're certainly welcome to them.

~Amy said...

Sanding! Yeah, that's right. I haven't done that in a long time.
Those papers also make a great "tear" look. I'll have to revive those looks in my work as well. Now I'm really in the scrapbooking mood. Gonna go drag out my stuff!!! ;-)

Momma Tammi said...

Ha ha! Kidnap...that just cracks me up...I've never attempted to kidnap a layout before, but I have been known to scraplift a few. ~hee hee~ Thanks...I'll start storing those files away immediately. Hopefully I won't forget where I've put them when I finally need them. *rolling eyes*