Friday, June 18, 2010

Nuthin'...N-U-T-H... You know, NUTHIN'

That's what I have to say.

I can't believe it's been nearly a week since I last posted. How does that happen??? I really don't have anything to blog about, but it seems like I ought to write something after a week...

We are starting our revival with Brother Butch this coming Monday, so our pastor asked us to spend this week in prayer and fasting for it. We've been having prayer meetings at the church each night and have been so blessed already. The goal is to be IN revival before THE revival ever starts. :-) It seems like everybody is really putting their hearts into it and we are truly expecting great things from God.

~sigh~ I really can't think of anything to write! The only other thing of interest is that we'll be getting up at 4:30 or 5:00 tomorrow morning. THAT doesn't happen around here! Ha! We're going to be having a Krispy Kreme doughnut sale in an effort to help support our revival fund. Actually, I guess it's to START a revival fund! Ha! So... do you think we can sell 50 dozen in a few hours, or are we getting way too many??? We have differing opinions around here. Some wanted to get 25 dozen (the minimum), but that would only earn us $100. Others want to get 50 dozen... but what if you can't sell them all?! Of course we know what to DO with them if we don't sell them and it would make us all very happy, but that doesn't help our evangelist out at all. Ha! Anyway, it's our first time trying this and we're praying God will bless it and we'll sell 'em ALL. (We'll buy our own dozen or two...)

Wow. That's about it! I'm totally blank. How sad. I know this is very unlike me, but since I've run out of things to say I'm going to just bring it to a close. Whoa!!! :-) Hopefully next time I'll at least have some pictures or something. That always helps. :-)

7 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

R they there yet?

Tammy Washburn said...

I go to church with Bro. Butch's mom and dad. They kept us updated as to what state they were in yesterday. :)

cokelady said...

I don't know if they're here yet or not. I hope so! The Clarksons hadn't heard from them as of church last night and I haven't spoken with them today, but I'm going with the ASSUMPTION that they got in just fine and are just as excited about the first night of Revival as we are. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

However,you MUST send them back to Alabama. No keeping them ya know. ;)

cokelady said...

Oh, suuuuuuuuuure! I see how it is! We send Brother Chris to be a blessing to you guys in Alabama and all we hear all week long is how you're keeping him forever and never sending him back. We get Brother Butch out here for a few days and don't say a word about it and you're ALREADY whining about losing 'im! All I can say is HEY, if they happen to fall in love with the west and can't pull themselves away--we can't be blamed. ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

They left two sets of grandparental babysitters at home. :-) They won't be staying long. Ha!

cokelady said...

HA! You're probably right. Though SOME of us aren't so lucky! :-)