Thursday, June 10, 2010

The BTI Box

After Camp ended last week it was time to get to work on the Annual BTI Box. :-) Each year we try to send a care package to those attending BTI from our region. (Though it was brought to my attention AGAIN this year by a rather bitter BTI attendee from a few years ago that there have been years we've failed to send anything all...) We try to plan it so they'll get the box about half way through BTI. We do it simply to cheer them and hopefully equip them with things that will help see them through the final week. Actually, we probably do it just because it's so much fun to put together. :-)

Following are pictures of everything that made it into The Box this year. First off, we sent pictures of our Family Camp delegation saying that we missed them this year... since, of course, some idiot scheduled Camp in such a way that made it impossible to attend both that funciton and BTI. I really think the blame should go not only to the Camp Coordinator, but the man who appointed the Camp Coordinator. Shouldn't he be held responsible, as well?! Anyway, here we go--pictures. I think most or all of the other pictures have a description included already, you'll just have to click and enlarge them in order to read them.


(There is a terrific picture of Jacob out there somewhere, looking quite pleased with his new wand. Makes it all worthwhile, you know?! Ha!)


I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but these are little itty-bitty things. The crayon boxes are only about two inches tall. Cute, hu?!


Mama said Dad tried out the airhorn in the lobby after they opened the box. It works. :-)

I don't think you can tell in the picture, but each trophy has the name of a student on one side and their term listed on the other: Sister Julie, Sister Erika & Sister Tayde are all in 2nd Term; Aunt Kay, Jacob, Philip, Abbie & Belen are all in 1st Term.

For the six younger students, we came up with a cup-like-object (!) for them to keep on their desks. I love these. :-) You may have to enlarge them to read the attached tags. DEFINITELY enlarge the last one. Tayde's was the best of all. (Sometimes I wonder if she really likes us, or just endures us... Ha!)




8 comments:

Grace & Co said...

I loved getting a BTI box!! I hope Jacob, Philip, and Mom appreciate the one you send them this year- end everyone else that is getting a little something too. :)

Vicki Smith said...

Definitely your region's students loved the box, and so did all the other students who looked on during the unwrapping and exploring of the contents. ;-) Too fun!
Brother Ammons came today and saw the "disguise" displayed on my desk. He loved it. He threatened to flunk anyone in his class, however, who wore it. I'm going to try to get Frankie to wear it tomorrow morning. HA!

Haley Rachelle said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. I love it!

Tammy Washburn said...

Sis. Smith told Jacob to blow the horn in the men'sj bathroom for somone...and he was reluctant because Bro. Washburn was in the bathroom too! Ha! I happened to hear him say that, and I assured him that he could definitely blow the horn for Bro. Washburn!! hahahahha!

cokelady said...

So... DID HE??? :-)

Vicki Smith said...

Yup. He did. And I heard the "WOE!!!" that somebody exclaimed from inside the bathroom--and I was in my office! HA! --Did I tell you that Jacob's Uncle Steve is the one that gave Jacob the idea in the first place? Jacob was in Uncle Steve's private bathroom when I was told to put the air horn under the door and blow it. :-) Jacob later said, "That bathroom really echoes!" HA! But it planted the idea in his head to pull the prank on somebody else.

cokelady said...

Ha! We'll I'm certainly glad that the air horn was put to good use. That's why we sent it. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

I told Jacob that Bro. Mike was "a lot like him back in the day"....and really deserved having an air horn blown in the bathroom. hahahhahaha!