Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hhmmm. Wish I could remember what all has gone on the past few days. It would be nice to post something new, for my mother's sake if nothing else. ;-)

Uummm... I'm so blank. The only thing I know we've done is work on James' office. We installed a tongue-and-groove pine ceiling (have I already said this?) in there and we've spent the last few days working on getting the beadboard walls installed. Would have been much, much easier if the Fiend hadn't put 42 electrical outlets in there to cut around. Good grief!!! I only had one disastrously wrong measurement, but even that piece was able to be salvaged and in the end (which was about an hour ago, in the dark of night with neighbors no doubt ready to call the cops about all of the saws and compressors and other noise coming from our property) we had just barely enough to finish up. Wa-Hoo! Next step is trim. I'm hoping James can do that without any assistance. I asked him tonight how come I've been spending so much time in his spot. Ha! I'm a better measurer than he is and he needed the help. It's all good. I don't get out of the house much, so it's good for me. Even if it's only 20' out the back door! :-)

Let's see. What have the kids been up to... I know we had our first kid's bee sting the other day. Sam kept capturing bees and putting them into a container. I told him that it was only a matter of time--if he didn't leave the bees alone he would get stung. Sam, of course, is the kind of kid who has to learn everything the hard way. Not that he learned anything. He'll probably be out looking for more bees tomorrow.

Katie picked up some books on knitting at the library this week. I sat down with her tonight and tried to figure it out. It might take some time! I can do the first row, but I get sort of lost after that. That girl is so much more ambitious than I've ever been. I occasionally think, "Oh, it would be nice to learn how to..." And that's usually as far as I get. Katie is impulsive and as soon as she sees something she likes she wants to dive right in, even if her focus changes to a new venture in the next hour. Then we must dive in to that. Wears me out a little bit! I really wonder why God gave me to my Mom and Katie to me. Mom would have LOVED to have had a little girl like Katie and would know exactly what to do with all of that ambition and girliness. I'm at a loss most of the time and just trying to keep up with her!

The kids are in the other room watching Hawmps right now. I just heard hysterical laughter coming from that direction and I occasionally hear them repeat one of the really great parts. "I'm ready! I'm loose! I'm walkin' death and destruction!!!" Or, "It ain't fair! It just ain't fair! Why do the good guys always wi-i-i-i-i-i-i-in?!?!?" They love Jack Elam. :-) I can tell the show is almost over with though and then it's time for bed. James put the show on for them so we could stay out in the dark and finish up on the office walls, so now it's nearly an hour past bedtime. Spoiled brats. ;-)

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Your mother very much appreciates your posts, even if you think there's "nothing new" to report. It's always good to hear from my girls. (hint, hint to the other girls)

Tammy K. said...

I posted.

To bad your mom did not at least live closer you could send Katie to her every couple months and Katie could do all her girly things.:o)