Saturday, April 4, 2009

Boys' Room!

Finally got it done! Wa-Hoo!!! Of course, there are still a few things to do here and there but it's just little stuff and doesn't interfere with being able to say it's DONE! I need to take all the extra slats off the bottom of the blinds, make some curtains, come up with bedspreads of some sort...stuff like that. It'll happen soon enough. For now, I'm just thrilled to have every room in the house FINISHED! Wa-Hoo! God is good. :-)




I had forgotten how much great cowboy stuff the boys had--it's been in a box for nearly a year and a half now! It's great to have a place for good ole' Matt Dillon again. ;-)

And Katie just had to make a Coke sign for her Dad's soda fountain. :-)

Nothing much going on here other than that. I did set the card table up in the den and put a puzzle together today. There is room behind the couch for a small table and we'll eventually find one that's just the right size (and price!), but for now the card table did the trick. I love the idea of having a "puzzle table" in the den so you can just go and relax for a few minutes, but it's out of the way and not cluttering up your dining table or sitting in the middle of the room. It's perfect!

That's about it from here. Looking forward to good services tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to go around and comment all the places I haven't been commenting for weeks now! (Sorry I've been such a slacker--I'm trying to recover... again!)

11 comments:

Kasey said...

I spy Christmas Wrapping paper in the top of the boys closet. hahahaha. I just had to say that after the sink cleaning stuff. As "only I" would notice. ;)

EmileeAnn said...

The boys room looks sooooo great! You guys have done super work again.

Congratulations on getting to work on a puzzle! You ought to be entitled to a whole series of books now! :-)

Thanks for the birthday card!

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow, the room is awesome! What a fun room for boys to grow up in. I just love the door that the closet has on it. :)

A puzzle table, that would be so fun to have. I haven't worked a puzzle a LONG time.

I like Emilee's idea of being entitled to some books now. :)

Your new background etc is great too! Made me smile and laugh. Great fun pictures.

I'm glad to hear that your vacuum is up and running again and that you are still around to post your great post. ;-)

Rebekah Doran said...

I mean posts.

Tammy K. said...

I am glad that projuct is behind you and you can live a normal life again.
Puzzle table....how fun. The room looks great.

Sister Charity said...

Wow what a great room. It looks fun! So are the boys learning to play the guitar or are they for future use and serving as decorations right now? Did you realize that one of the boys was under the bed when you took the picture? It almost looks like he's hiding. ;-)

Vicki Smith said...

The room is GREAT! And your template is pretty spiffy, too. It really looks like "you."
I almost feel like Kasey - - I spotted a little detail that wouldn't mean much to anybody else. The picture of Katie at the top of your page has a familiar-looking chair back. That chair (and the rest of the set) has been around since I was a little girl. I remember many a GREAT meal at Mom Babe's house in Star, Idaho, while we sat in those same chairs. Ah, sweet memories.

Tammy Washburn said...

Yeah, I saw the fellow under the bed too! Ha! Great room! I LOVE the closet jail door. The new pix on your blog header of the kids are too cute.

~tary soto~ said...

Wow, the place looks great!

J Nowling said...

Wow. Your creativity is amazing.

Montgomery's said...

Finally got a chance to get an update on your blog. Youth Convention was great! And the boys room looks so cute! When you are done, do you have any free time for my house??? lol j/k