Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hhmmm

So much for my being more faithful to post, hu, Ma? Don't know what happened. Actually, not much. That's why I haven't blogged!

Monday was a nice day. We got school done early so we would have time to get the house all whipped into shape for company. Sister Galaviz came over in the afternoon and ended up staying for about 5 hours, I think. Longer than she had planned, I'm sure, but we loved it! It was so nice to have her here. We played I Buy, then had beans and cornbread for supper (that's how we treat our company around here! Ha!), then had time for one more round of I Buy before she had to leave. It was great fun and I really think we should do it more often. :-)

Tuesday was a pretty regular day, from what I remember. I can't seem to think of much that happened at all. I've got to start writing down the crazy things the kids do because I can't ever seem to think of what they are when I try to blog. I know that I had to get on to Joe for praying the other day. Ha! That's just great, hu?! He was praying for the following days' breakfast in devotions at night and praying for dinner during our breakfast prayer and all manner of "getting ahead" in his thanks for whatever food might be coming his way. I finally said no more. "You are hereby forbidden from praying for your meals in advance!" Is that not wrong?! I just told my kid to QUIT praying for things ahead of time! ~sigh~ I'm such a bad Mom. ;-)

Today has been a nice day. I was up wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay late last night and was able to get all of the ironing done. (That I'd been putting off for 3 weeks now--scary!) That made for a little bit of a late start this morning, but we managed to have devotions and get through school and get some cleaning done.

After that I sat down and helped the kids make some... things out of felt. Katie got a book from the library about sewing with felt and all three kids found things they thought looked like fun. I would tell you about them, but I'd rather post pictures. :-) The boys' finished theirs up today, but Katie has a bit more work to do on hers. I'm sure she'll finish it up tomorrow, then I'll take pictures. They're cute! And even Joe got over his "sewing is girl stuff" long enough to make something.

Tonight we went out to Wal-Mart to do some shopping and have dinner at McDonalds. ~gag~ I've learned to eat there on occasion, but it's still not anything I can look forward to. Came home and read a few more chapters of The Wizard of Oz to the kids before our evening devotions, and now they're sacked out and here I am! That's about it. Nothing too exciting, I'm afraid. But tomorrow is another day. Perhaps something blogworthy will happen. :-) Until then... (or the day after that... or perhaps the next day... or...)

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

You USED to be a regular blogger, but at least you're trying again.
Hmmm. Right now out my office window, I'm looking at 2 deer. When they don't move they almost completely disappear. --oops, make that 3 deer.
So, where was I?
I'm looking forward to the pictures of the felt creations. How fun!
Katie's dress is due to arrive today. Let me know when it comes and if it fits okay.