Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Kids

Here's your picture, Mom. :-)

And a picture of Katie's curls. I had a terrible time with her hair! My original plan just wouldn't work, so I ended up just tying her hair in a knot (literally) and letting the curly ends hang out through the middle. It was great--I love it! :-)


We had good services today and a particularly great Sunday School lesson. Sister Galaviz always brings out so many things that are so... fresh. I always feel like I learn something, you know? Love that.
We had a nice ham dinner today and everything turned out great. The kids went and hunted their eggs and had a blast doing it. Joe hit the jackpot. He found both of the eggs that had coins in them AND the one "special" egg that had a coupon for one free soda from Dad's soda fountain. Ha! Joe was most excited about that and he bragged about it and waved the coupon around all day long showing everybody until he finally lost it. So "JOE," you know?! Ha! James let him redeem the invisible coupon tonight anyway. Joe found it afterwards and said he's going to keep it to remember this really great Easter. Riiiiiiiight. It will be lost again by breakfast time!
Well, that's about it from here. Hope everybody had a GREAT Easter!

5 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

I never comment.... BUT I do stop in once a while...one of those lurkers........;) Anyhow, I just wanted to say your kids are SOOOOO cute!!! I love your little girls hair!! It turned out super cute!! =)

Momma Tammi said...

Great Easter picture. Katie's curls turned out cute in spite of the trouble you had trying to get it to do what you wanted.

Those are great eggs, who knew they had coins and great coupons in them...mine had bunny money in it. Oh well!

cokelady said...

Jessa--Thanks so much for stopping by! I occasionally go lurk around your blog, too. ;-) And thanks! I think my kids are pretty cute, but then I'm biased and my opinion is not to be trusted. I loved Katie's hair, too--and it's still looking just as cute the next day! :-)

Sister Tammi--James always fills the kids' eggs with various candies... and then has a few "special" eggs with who knows what kind of surprises!

Tammy K. said...

Katie hair is real cute. The boys look nice.
Free soda fountain drink, fun for Joe. Did all the kids end up getting one when he made Joe's or just Joe?

Vic said...

The joy I get from reading your blog is the way you thoroughly enjoy and savor every moment with your family!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration to the young ladies and don't even realize it...God bless you!