Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Welcoming Commitee

The fun has officially begun! The Hays arrived here just before 7:00 tonight, just shortly before our Camp evangelist showed up. James picked him up at the airport and we felt it only right to form a welcoming committee and meet them as they came through the gate...

We are soooooooooo excited to have Brother Oscar here! I love having "new" people who've never been here before. I love the opportunity to really get to know the people you've only known from a distance before, you know? I hope he has a great time here and doesn't have too many bad things to say about us after he goes home. Ha! No, we are looking forward to having a wonderful time with him and to having a glorious Family Camp again this year. :-)

I fed my company dinner at about 8:00 tonight (is that terrible, or what?!) and we finally got the kids put down at about 9:30, I think. Right now Brother Dustin and James are out in the office printing some things out for Camp and Sister Jamey and I are sitting here with our computers. I thought I'd upload the video from tonight real quick and post it for Mom. :-) Camp ends on Monday, but the Hays will be here until Wednesday. Or Thursday. I'll blog after all that. :-) Brother Oscar has already bailed on us (can you imagine?! We thought we were bringing a YOUNG minister out here and he's already gone to bed! Ha!), but I'm sure we'll play a game or two once the guys come in from the office. So the fun has officially begun! Wa-Hoo!!!

Can't wait to get to Camp and find out all that God has for us there. And have lots and lots of fun. :-)

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

HA! Too cute! How fun for Brother Oscar AND for you guys. You're going to have a GREAT time at Camp. I told Katie to be sure and pray a lot during Camp, to get as close to Jesus as she could. She told me she was going to pray hard that you guys would get a poodle. :-) Her priorities are slightly out of whack.

Give everyone our love and tell them we miss them.

Thanks for posting the video. You're the good one.

The Middle J said...

HAHAHA!!!!! That is awesome what a wonderful welcome.

Bro Oscar is going to run from me now anytime I have my camera- that picture has been every where- the Assembly jumbo screens, the Assembly banner for the HQ website and now a wonderful welcome sign :-D

:D HAHA!! its great

Vicki Smith said...

Good grief. You are PATHETIC! It's TIME FOR A NEW POST!!!

cokelady said...

I'm working on it! PRESENTLY!!! Though you won't be happy with it... no pictures.