Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Still Nothing to Blog

Except that our kids are soooooo out of whack. They slept in WAY late today. I let them because I figured they must need it. That big California trip sort of messed up the way things usually gel around here. Like BEDTIME, in particular. We've been out really late (11:00 or after) visiting with our pastor's family both times we've seen them since being home (who knew we missed them so much?! Ha!), so that hasn't helped the routine around here. Still, when the kids finally did get up today they were still tired and cranky and just mean and gripey with each other. James and I decided early on that they were going to bed EARLY tonight. Then maybe they'd get some good rest and get up at a decent hour and all that stuff. Ha. Worked out okay with Katie, but the boys laid in bed for over two hours before finally falling asleep. I ought to blast them all out of bed at 6:00 tomorrow morning. If only I was going to be up at that time. Ha!

In other news, God has touched me! I finally feel SOOOOOOOOOOO much better! I really believe that the Lord heard our prayers and is bringing me to a full recovery. I don't think it's "just going away," I think God has heard and answered. He's so good to me! I still have a bit of a cough, but even that is soooooo much better (not that I'm coughing better... --you know what I mean!) and I'm so glad. I'm trusting Him to make me all the way better. Maybe by the time I wake up in the morning.

That would be nice because I suddenly have so much to do! Even as of this afternoon I was feeling pretty good about my progress. I've gotten lots of things done that I needed to get done and felt like I was right on track. But then evening came and I looked at the list again and suddenly there are several things I'm behind on! My biggest concern is finding what God wants for me to do with the kids at Camp the night that I'm in charge of children's church. I've had an idea in my mind (really just a word... yeah, it's really that pitiful! Ha!) and I did feel like maybe I got a little direction tonight on how I can expand it and turn it into something. I'm so not good with kids (as much as I get freaked out trying to teach adults, I'd so much rather do that than this!), but the need and the opportunity is so great. How many kids have been saved and lives forever changed at Camp?! I really want to find something they'll enjoy, that will speak to their hearts.

Anyway, it's way late now and I need to get some sleep. I'm hoping to get an early start in the morning. All I have to do is finish up the laundry, do the ironing, pack the family for Camp, change the sheets, finish getting children's church together, get my props and supplies lined up, cut and fold some invitations, vacuum the carpets and swiffer the wood floors, clean the bathrooms and otherwise prepare for company, make a Snack Shack ledger and a Snack Shack sign, call and finalize our arrangements with the campground... I did find out that I have a little more time to complete all of that stuff (and whatever I've forgotten) that I thought I had. Our camp evangelist, Brother Oscar (wa-hoo! I'm SO excited!), doesn't get here as early on Wednesday as we thought so that will lend me some more time to get some things done. The Hays will be coming sometime that day as well. I'm a happy girl. :-) Company, then Family Camp, then company again. Does it get any better than that?!

This will probably be my last post until after Camp. Sorry it's so pitiful. Ha! But just think of all the great Camp pictures that should be in the next one! :-) Those of you praying people out there, please be in prayer for our Family Camp this Thursday through Monday. We're wanting, needing, and expecting great things from God.

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

Hope you got a lot done yesterday and you're all READY TO GO!
Your dad is leaving in a couple of minutes to go pick up Brother Oscar and take him to the shuttle in Chattanooga which he'll ride to the airport in Atlanta or Nashville, whichever one he's flying out of. So he'll soon be on his way. Ready or not, here he comes!
I'll be praying for your Camp this week. I want LOTS of pictures and commentary on your blog when you get back. Got it?