Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kitchen Update

Great news!!!

I'm happy to report that when I got up this morning I discovered that the counter tops had darkened considerably, making them much less BRIGHT and STAND-OUTish than they were yesterday! Ha! I'm so relieved. I was determined to be happy with the new finish simply because it's wrong to spend any considerable amount of money on a project and then NOT like it. But it's going to be so much easier now! Along with the color darkening, the shade also changed from a grayish tone to a nice brownish tone--what we had in mind to begin with. ~whew~ I feel so much better. I still say it would have been a different finish if I were more brave (ha!), but what we have today looks much, much better than what I had and took pictures of last night. I'm so happy!!! :-)

3 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

Whew...that's good news. I thought it looked awful light next to your cabinets...kinda mismatched. Glad you're happier with the color!

cokelady said...

It's still not perfect, but it doesn't make you say, "Huh?! What were they THINKING???" quite as much now. Ha! It's one of those live-and-learn things, I guess. And I'm happy with them. In fact, after thinking I was going to have the light grey counter tops I had yesterday I'm now THRILLED with the slightly darker brown ones I have today! ;-)

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so glad to hear the countertops have turned brown. Or, at least that you THINK they have. ;-) Even gray, they look fresh and clean and I know you FEEL better with them. The sink looks better with the new countertop.