Friday, May 7, 2010

In Just a Few Short Hours

... we'll be leaving on a FAMILY VACATION! Crazy, hu?! With all the traveling we do you'd think we'd just stay home to enjoy each other. Ha! James decided we're gonna make this trip--some place he and the kids have never been before, and I haven't been there in many years. Actually, there are several places on the route that I've never been to either. We haven't told the kids where we're going; wanna surprise them. To tell you the truth, we don't know EXACTLY where all we're going yet ourselves! I'll try to update the blog to keep you informed as we go. We'll see how that works out. ;-)

Interestingly enough, though we are leaving TODAY, I have not even BEGUN to pack!!! Is that nuts or what?! I had such high hopes and great aspirations for having everything done yesterday so I'd be able to just sit around and wait for departure time today. Nu-uh. James says to plan for 10 days, "give or take a day or two." I did get all of the laundry and ironing done last night, so now I'm off to actually get us all packed and loaded up and ready to hit the road. I'm excited and I know we'll have a great time and make lots of lasting memories for the kids. Still, I feel a little bad running off like this just before Camp--what if there are things I need to be doing to help?! Guess I'll just have to pray extra for it. ;-)

Gotta run--I've got a trip to prepare for! :-)

4 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

Woo-hoo! Road Trip! Enjoy!!!

Vicki Smith said...

WHAT?!? You hadn't even begun packing on the day you're scheduled to leave???? (You ARE your mother's daughter!) :-)
Hope you guys have a great time and make some wonderful memories.

Vicki Smith said...

Where are you now?

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, BTW, Happy Mother's Day. :-)