Friday, January 29, 2010

Sister Susie Sittin' on a Thistle

Ah, yes! I forgot when I wrote up that post below (which you simply MUST go look at, if only to see pictures of the SNOW!!!!!) to post a picture of Joe and his new DOUBLE gap.


Yep, he yanked the other tooth out last night. I don't know what's come over him (it wasn't very loose, but he just works and works and works until he can yank it out!), I just know we're going to have to put a stop to it or he's only going to be able to eat mush by next week! Hey, that reminds me...

He made up a joke yesterday and it was actually good.

"Hey, Mom... What do cannibals eat if they don't have a fire? Give up? Ramen. RAW MEN? Ramen? Get it???" Ha! James and I actually laughed (a first?!) and Joe didn't end up on another joke ban (also a first?), so he was quite pleased. I even let him call the General Overseer at HQ to tell him his joke. ;-) Of course, I got on the phone afterwards and asked Dad if he knew what Ramen is. "Uh... not really..." Ha! Oh, well--it was a good joke anyway!

Today we've been tormenting Joe and trying to get him to say as many words and phrases with "s" and "th" in them as we can think up. It's quite entertaining, especially considering the head start he already had with his previous lisp. :-) His new teeth are already coming in and it shouldn't take too awful long for them to fill that big gap, but for now I'm really enjoying this!

1 comment:

Tammy Washburn said...

Oh, the joys of tormenting our children. Such fond memories...wait! I did that the other day!

Sis. Smith doesn't make Ramen does she? (I don't either, but the kids like it now.)