Monday, January 25, 2010

Can't remember Saturday. At all. Weird!

Had a really great Sunday. I so thoroughly enjoyed being in the Big People's class! (Doesn't sound very flattering, now that I see it typed out...) It was nice. James had me play piano for song service again and it went MUCH better than last time. No Christmas songs. ;-) Then our pastor preached a really good message--as he always does. He preached on a passage and line of thought that I'd already sort of been on throughout the past week, so it seemed to speak to me extra. God is so good. I want to TRUST in God, regardless of my circumstances, and ever draw nearer to Him. I don't want to just live passively until something big and bad and hairy and scary comes along and then cry out to Him. I want to live and walk in the Spirit and near to the heart of God all the time, trusting and serving wholeheartedly every day.

We had a nice, leisurely Sunday afternoon, complete with a good nap. :-) I spent 30 or 40 minutes trying to figure out how to make the laptop play a DVD through the projector and after working and reading all sorts of online helps I finally got the "wallpaper" to show up on the projector, but never could get the movie to DVD to play on it. ~sigh~ So frustrating. My only other option would have been to call Jon and ask him AGAIN how to do this. I know he's walked me through it before, but I just can't remember how to do it again after so long! I didn't want to pester him, so I just gave up and decided we'd use the DVD player instead. (We wanted to use the laptop so we could hook up some speakers to it--the speaker on the projector is pretty poor.)

As you may have guessed, we watched a video at church last night! :-) It was James' CPMA service. He had several CPMA-ish readings and things like that, then we watched Brother Luis' message from the Assembly this last year about being baptized into the body. Good stuff. :-)

After service last night the Clarksons graciously agreed to stay and help us fold the Western Skies and get 'em all ready to mail. Then, of course, we just sat and visited for quite a while. Had a great time, of course. :-) After that James was starving so we talked the Clarkson clan into going to Taco Bell with us for some more visiting. What a great night!

Today has been the big house cleaning day. Wa-Hoo! I got nearly everything done that I had hoped for. Just a few loads of laundry that I'm still working on (don't know if I'll get to the ironing tonight or if it'll wait until tomorrow) and then in the morning I'll Swiffer the wood floor and vacuum the back half of the house. Then I'll be satisfied with a perfectly clean house! Clean enough to make me real happy, anyway. :-)

School took a little longer for the kids today--Joe's math is getting a little more intense and demanding. He's not happy about it, but he's doing really good. Katie... that girl is such a flibbertigibbet. Doesn't shut up and CONCENTRATE on what she's reading and has to re-do lots of her work. She has a great lack of control over the wanderings of her mind--not to mention her emotions! If she makes up her mind to learn something, it's a breeze. Otherwise she ends up seeing the same work over and over and over and over... Crazy kid! Sam is working hard on reading, as has been the case for the past year. Ha! Sometimes he does so good, other times he gets stumped on letters that he knew well just a few minutes before. It's strange. I'm trying not to push him, but to just keep working with him, assuming that if he keeps on seeing and hearing the letters eventually they'll STICK, you know?! I've started having him try to sound out words and write them down for me instead of just trying to read. It actually seems a lot easier for him. We'll keep working on it. :-)

The big event of our evening was Joe losing a tooth. Actually, he didn't LOSE a tooth. He wrenched and twisted and fought and struggled and pried until he finally wrestled a tooth out of his head. His two upper front teeth have been a little loose, but just barely. But for some reason he decided today that one of them was going to go. Must need some money for something. Ha! Anyway, his fingers were all bloody and I could see that he was fighting to hold back the tears, but he just kept working on it until he finally got it out. Crazy kid. At least the tooth fairy is in town this time. Last time--when Sam lost his--I had gone to bed and woke up about an hour later and somehow before I dozed off again it popped into my head that I had forgotten to do the tooth fairy thing! So I got up and took care of it. We'll see if James can remember any better than I did. Strange, how teeth seem to just be falling out of everybody's heads here the past month or two! Anyway, here's a picture of the new gap...



That's it. Nothing real exciting, but God is good and life is grand. It's nice and cold here, so we're still enjoying a crackling fire throughout most of our day. That makes me happy. :-) And... that's about it!

8 comments:

Kasey said...

doesnt a clean house feel splendidly wonderful!!!

Kasey said...

doesnt a clean house feel splendidly wonderful!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Well, if Joe starts carrying pliers around with him, you might oughta get worried. :-P

Vicki Smith said...

Joe didn't tell me anything about him PULLING his tooth out of his mouth--he just said he'd LOST another tooth. Crazy kid. He was excited, either way. He was just hoping the Tooth Fairy wouldn't perform any dances when delivering his goods. LOL!

cokelady said...

Ha! Actually, the tooth fairy utterly FAILED last night. I reminded James a few times, but he just kept saying he didn't have any money and I kept saying to check my purse for change... then we went to bed and forgot about it. I blame James entirely because he is THE tooth fairy, you know--dance and all. ;-) We were still in bed this morning when I heard Joe say, "HEY... there's nothing under my pillow!!! Except my TOOTH!!!" ~sigh~ Oops. I got up and dug through my purse and slapped a handful of change in his lap. Not exactly traditional, but he was thrilled to count $1.74 total. :-)

Vicki Smith said...

That's just sad.

Tammy Washburn said...

Poor kid...all that pain for a buck seventy four!! That won't even buy you a medium Frosty at Wendy's. HA!

cokelady said...

You can get a little itty-bitty Frosty for .89 cents now. About three bites worth! Ha!