Thursday, February 26, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I used to be a good blogger

2. I am now a bad blogger

3. I am trying to become a good blogger once more.

4. This list is not helping my cause.

5. Thanks a lot, Shanna! ;-)

6. Okay, uummm... I have big feet. 9 and a half or 10.

7. I used to detest mustard and learned to love it spontaneously (really--woke up one morning and knew I had to have it) when I was 18 or 19 years old.

8. I took a solo trip at age 19 (perhaps the mustard experience emboldened me) flying from Denver to Salt Lake, sleeping in the airport there (cool, really--not scary), flying from there to Boise and going to Family Camp in Washington, then flying back to Salt Lake to Denver to Washington D.C. to Roanoke, Virginia to attend Camp and Convention and visit Amanda Newman... then flying back home. (That was a really long one. Can it count for 4 or 5?)

9. I broke my arm when I was two. Rumor has it I enjoyed having a cast and used it to obtain desired toys from my brother.

10. Am I half-way to 25 yet?

11. I have a history of loving little brown poodles way too much and taking it way too hard when I lose them. If twice can be considered "a history." ;-)

12. I have always lo-o-o-o-o-oved horses and still harbor a wee bit of resentment over the fact that both of my parents grew up with them, but I did not. So wrong.

13. Some of my favorite memories are of staying at "the cabin" with all the guys (Dad, Granddad, Jon, Uncle Colin...) during hunting season each year and the crazy stories and laughter and just enjoying their enthusiasm for the hunt. Crazy men.

14. I still remember my phone number from when I was 5 years old in Pueblo, Colorado: 544-1254, and the next one in Colorado Springs: 570-9683... but none of the other ones since then. I occasionally remember my current number, but refer to Katie if I happen to have a brain lapse.

15. I attended BTI 8 years in a row... and can't wait to go back when Katie turns 16!

16. The first meal I learned to make was enchilada casserole (when I was about 12)... and it's the only thing I knew how to make for years!

17. I fell off a skateboard and had 7 stitches in my chin when I was 8 years old.

18. I have a scar on my neck from being "clotheslined" by a kite string while riding a motorcycle (a little Honda 50) when I was 8 or 9 years old.

19. I have a scar on my finger from losing not-so-gracefully to my brother at chess and clearing, shall we say, the chessboard. There was a sharp metal edge just waiting for me. I think I was 8 or 9.

20. The ages 8 and 9 were apparently rough ones for me.

21. Ah, yes! When I was about the same age (8 or 9) I accidentally burned down a field with a neighbor kid. We were having a candlelight dinner (peanut butter sandwiches and Cheetos)... in the middle of the field... in the dead of summer... with those trick candles that don't blow out. Sma-a-a-a-art.

22. My life took a significant turn for the better once I made it to age 10!

23. I made the worst chocolate chip cookies in the history of the world tonight.

24. I hate English. My mother failed ENTIRELY in teaching me that subject. The only thing I ever remember learning from her about it is that "'OF' IS A PREPOSITION!!!!!!!" And I can only ever say it in that same loud, high-pitched scream (while pulling hair out for the full effect) that I was subjected to in the learning of it. ;-)

25. I made it to 25!!! And it actually got kind of fun as I went along. Especially more fun than the ironing I'm really supposed to be doing right now. ;-)

So now I tag:

EMILEE!!!

Because...

1. She's the only person honest enough to recognize my weakness of being way to long-winded ("only a true friend...!")

2. Nobody knows anything about Emilee... (ha!)

3. She has trouble blogging faithfully and maybe this will help???

4. I finally cracked and did one of these crazy list/survey/useless-information things and I really think she should, too. It's only fair.

5. And because everybody else out there has already done this. ;-)

7 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Good job! I actually remember the field burning incident...too funny.

Vicki Smith said...

Slight correction - - you were barely 1 year old when you walked off the bed in the motorhome and broke your wrist. Other than that, your post made me laugh till tears came to my eyes! --Fun way to start the day.

Kasey said...

Very funny stuff, altho at 8 or 9 it probably didnt seem all to funny :) have you seen this site
http://www.countrystoreofgeneva.com/

Dave and Melissa said...

What's this I hear about a soda fountain???? That is so cool!

cokelady said...

Kasey -- LOVE that site! Thanks for sending it. The stuff there is wa-a-a-a-a-ay overpriced, as is most of the adorable country decor out there. The wonderful thing about going country is that you can usually re-create some of the concepts in a thrifty way. With that thought in mind, I ordered a free catalogue. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along! BTW - my marrying a man 17 years older was an act of God. :o) I never once thought about how old he was. I do have a good story about that, though, and perhaps someday I'll share. :o)

cokelady said...

Ha! I would LOVE to hear your story someday! :-)