Monday, November 24, 2008

The Bad Commenter

That's me! I had been working on being better about that, but I've been a pretty good failure at it this past week, I think. I actually haven't been able to read the blogs as much as I'd like. I took time to sit down and blog myself, mostly because it was good therapy for me in the midst of the chaos! Anyway, now that I've finally conquered "that stinkin' room" and it has transformed into "that beautiful room," I hope to get back to normal life. I hope it means I'll be out visiting my friends and family in Blogland more. :-)

I've also been failing to answer some of the comments on my own blog, if that's not pitiful. I would do it under the "comment" section like you're supposed to, except it's been so long that I'm pretty sure none of you would ever find them and know that I answered you anyway! So here we go...

Sister Pam -- To add a blog list to your blog... If you go to where you usually create a new post for your blog, click on the tab at the top that says "layout." That should take you to the "page elements" section. Click on "add a gadget," then on "Blog List." From there, you click "Add to List," then copy over the web address of the blog you want to add. You can rename it if you'd like, and select the options that you prefer. I think that's it!

Rachel -- OOPS!!! I just remembered about the paint colors! I'll try real hard to remember it again when I wake up (!) and try to get that info to you. ;-)

Mom -- I think the checks on the wallpaper are 1/2" to 3/4". Still much bigger than the last gingham paper we had--and sooooo much easier to match up! As for your plan for making the twin bed into a stunning day bed, I'm all for it! You can work on that next time you come out--I'm DONE with it! Ha! As for the empty frame, we have a great plan for it, but I don't want to share just yet. Just think: Grandma Bunny! ;-)

Amy Dyer -- Don't worry about not commenting, especially on MY blog! (I'm the world's WORST commenter, you know!) I have noticed your absense and was glad to see you posted something new the other day. I'm going to take the time to READ it real soon and I'll try to let you know when I finally did. Ha! To answer your question... right now the boys are sharing the big bed and Katie will use the twin. Once they move into their own room (which I don't want to talk about--it means more WORK!) Kate will be able to choose which bed she'd like to have. Fun!

Jamey -- I am SOOOOO excited to have you guys come and I'm SOOOOO excited that I have a NICE place for you to stay now instead of that awful pink and blue room and that disgusting bathroom you've had to use before! Besides that, I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready for some fun and games. You'll be here tomorrow, right?! I'm READY!!! ;-)

Sister McMahon -- Wow! Who knew?! Welcome! I stop by your blog on occasion, too. :-) And NO, I am NOT like the Energizer Bunny. My battery has DEFINITELY stopped going!!!

Sister Tammi -- I figured somebody would enjoy the picture of James sitting in the corner! Ha! He was actually working his way around the room removing all of the baseboards so I could get to work. But the picture cracks me up!

Tammy -- I would LOVE to come help you redo your kitchen and bedroom. Just not this year! Ha! Hope you're having a GREAT time in Washington. Have you won anything on the Wii???

Libby -- From a comment you left way back there somewhere (!), tell Johnny he won the Christmas war. As I recall, he and Jon were the ones who convinced me years ago that Christmas music was to be enjoyed only after Thanksgiving. I used to start way early and the guys would gripe like crazy. For some reason, I actually listened to them on that one (ha!) and have been a staunch "save it until the right time and you'll enjoy it twice as much" booster. ;-)

Sister Nowling -- You're right, the "what's next" question could earn you a swift kick just like asking a woman who's just given birth how many more kids she wants. ;-)

Emilee, Amy, Charity, Sister Marcia, Kasey--and anybody else that I might have accidentally overlooked while sifting through the old comments, THANKS! I enjoy the complements, but I really just enjoy having a nice place for my kids and my company instead of that CRAZY ugliness we had before. :-) And you're all welcome to come and stay! That purty little guest room is there for friends and family, so give me a call and I'll start scheduling you in! :-)

~whew~ Hope I didn't miss anything! I spent way too long trying to tweek my blog tonight (I love the 3 column thing, but I've got real issues because of it and I'm not smart enough to figure them out!), otherwise I would have made the rounds and starting amending my commentless ways. Maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. Or... ;-)

8 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Now that you're currently in between remodeling projects and can actually clean things up and enjoy them, your Dad just hired a plumber today to start in our master bath. I had NO IDEA he was wanting to get anything done before Thanksgiving! This took me totally by surprise! We're going shopping today for a shower stall floor and to look for vanity possibilities. We've got to settle those issues before the plumber comes in the morning! YIKES! It's really happening. We're REALLY going to remodel the bathroom. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. *biting nails*
And yes, it would be nice to talk to you sometime.

cokelady said...

I don't know, Ma. I really think I would have been clued in that something is "happening" the day Dad took a saw and hacked up your bathtub and surround and hauled it outside chunk by chunk. Calling a plumber seems rather miniscule to me in comparision. Either way, I'm glad it's finally sinking in that it's REALLY HAPPENING. Better for you to be even a little mentally prepared, even if you're a little slow catching on!

Pam said...

Becki I added the blog list but I was wondering how to get when was the last time people blogged. I noticed that is like that on your blog.

cokelady said...

AH. I see. Go to that same "Arrange Page Elements" page and find where it says "Blog Roll." Click the little blue "Edit" in the bottom of that rectangle. At the top of that window, under the "Title" section there is the option to SORT the posts either alphabetically or by the most recently updated post. Select the latter. I also clicked on the little box in the list that says "Date of last update" so I would know WHEN people post, not just that they did recently. Does that help???

Pam said...

I went to my bloglist and updated things I will see if it shows up. Thank you for your help. I'm just not very smart when it comes to these things, although I am proud of myself I changed by blog all by myself.

Kasey said...

The offer stands for you as well, my guest bedroom has about ten or so copies of reminesce (i probably spelled that wrong) in it!

~Amy said...

The way kids are, after all your hard work is done getting the boys' room ready to go, they'll probably still try to sneak in to pile up in Big Sis's room for the night!! HA!

Sister Charity said...

Katie's room is great! It reminds me of your mom's "Americana room." You guy's have a great talent for remodeling and decorating. Please keep my little cousin, Hailey, in your prayers. Her bloodwork came back yesterday and it's not good. Her blood sedementation rate is 8 times higher than it should ever be. That is often an indication of cancer or some other serious infection. She is only two years old and a real little sweetheart. She's miserable. Thanks