Friday, April 13, 2012

Progress

Slowly, slowly, slowly... but surely. And I'm thankful for every bit of it. But first, a short (no, really--I'll try to keep it short) recap of what all I've failed to blog.

We had a very good District Convention in Moulton, then visited the churches in Russelville and West Lawrence the next day. Things didn't go as we had planned and we got to the church in West Lawrence much earlier than we expected--and right on time for James to go in and help Brother Dustin and several of the other ministers pray for a young man who was devil possessed. In the end, the young man was delivered and saved and sanctified. Praise the Lord!

We got home late that night, but got up early the next day so the kids and I could drive to Vestavia Hills to attend one session of a Ken Ham seminar. He's always been my favorite Creation Science speaker and I've always thoroughly enjoyed hearing him. In fact, I remember hearing him speak at a Creation Seminar in Colorado Springs when I was about 13 years old. TWENTY-ONE YEARS AGO?! That is sooooo crazy! My kids really enjoyed hearing him, too, but since we've already exposed them to lots of Creation books and DVD's it wasn't really anything new and enlightening to them. Once it was too late (!) I REALLY wished that I would have tried to get some of the other church kids there. It would've been great for them to hear and (if they're anything like me) they would have thought it was the coolest thing ever.

The next day we bought our kitchen sink. Actually, we returned the one that we'd bought previously (took it out of the box and found it chipped) and bought a different one. One that I love, but that cost way too much money. :-/ But when you're already paying a crazy amount for a sink (has anybody priced cast iron sinks lately?!) I figured I'd go ahead and pay $13 more for the one I really wanted. Though we scarred up the countertop a little bit getting it in (those things weigh sooooo much!), we got it installed that night and--miracle of miracles--there were NO leaks. I mean, on the very first try! NOTHING leaked; not the sink, the dishwasher, the ice maker--nothing! Wa-hoooo! I didn't even know that was possible. :-)

Let's see, what else... I did my VLB service this month on the 7 Motivational Gifts found in Romans 12. I've always LOVED that study, but was a little nervous about presenting it here. In the end it seemed like everybody enjoyed it, though they were fighting over who was what after service. Ha! The "Prophets" and the "Mercy's" are always the easiest to spot. :-)

Last Friday the kids and I drove to Fort Payne to meet Mom & Dad for lunch. It's so cool that we live close enough to do that now! Mom had made a DARLING Easter dress for Katie, so we needed to pick it up. (Unfortunately Easter wasn't very nice for us this year, what with losing Charlie, and I didn't get a good picture of her in it! Next time she puts it on I will.) Anyway, we had a nice lunch at Western Sizzlin', then we all went to a few stores before parting ways.

Yesterday Brother & Sister Powell called and asked if they could bring Brady up for the kids to play with for a little while. I cried at the when James told me! They are so sweet and thoughtful. They came and we all walked all over the property (they've never been here in the daylight) while Brady drug Katie all over tarnation. :-) It was great to see them. And Brady.

As for the house, I was able to get some work done in the half bath. Painting and polying the vanity, finishing the countertop, and laying the wood floor. Aside from that, we've been working on unpacking and finding places for all of the stuff we got moved in this past Saturday. I found places for everything in the kitchen (I was worried when I saw how many boxes said KITCHEN on them!), I've gotten the living room all unpacked and decorated (except for a few things that will have to be done later), and James has his office all set up and moved into. Those three rooms are looking great, but everything else is TRASHED! I keep thinking "tomorrow" I'll get the rest of the house under control, but so far "tomorrow" has been very evasive.

There is other grand and glorious news, but I'll save it for another time because it deserves attention all to itself instead of just being tacked on to the end of an already long post. :-) For now, I'll just put on a few pictures of the house.

Actually, I won't. HA! I'm so sorry, Mom--I've tried and tried and tried again, but Blogger just keeps getting STUCK. I will try again tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

Nice post. But I was SOOOOOO looking forward to pictures. :-(
I don't know what got into your dad but he stayed up talking to your husband until 2:30 this morning!!!! CRAZY! Now James is gone to the Committee meeting, your dad is garage saling and the boys are upstairs in my office playing Monopoly.I think I'm going back to bed! HA!