Friday, April 27, 2012

Half-Bath

I'm too tired to actually blog tonight, but since I've been such a horrible failure at this lately I thought I'd at least throw a couple of pictures up here before falling into bed tonight. I haven't been taking any notes and therefore have no idea what we've been up to in the past week anyway. So I'll just post pictures. :-)
As of tonight we finally have a second bathroom! WA-HOOOOO!!!! I can't begin to express how excited I am about this, for multiple reasons. First of all, it will obviously be sooooo much easier for five people to share two bathrooms than just one, especially when getting ready for church. It will also be wonderful that the kids no longer need to come bursting through our bedroom in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom--they can use the new one instead. (If they're coherent enough to remember there's a second bathroom, that is.) It's also very exciting because, while this is the "public" bathroom on the main floor that will be used by folks when we have people over for dinner and such, it will be better known as MY bathroom. I love my husband dearly. But I don't like to share my bathroom with him. Ha! We got real spoiled at the Powell's house because they had a full master bath with another sink, mirror and vanity just outside--sort of in between the bedroom and bathroom. My half-bath is just a few steps from our bedroom and I've already moved all of my stuff in there. I'm soooooo excited!!!
Our master bath is really nice and I like it, but MY bathroom has some things going for it that the other is entirely without. First of all, it's blue and yellow. Can you say happy?! Blue and yellow just makes me happy. It's fresh, clean, bright, and cheery! Besides the color combination that I LOVE for a bathroom, it also has three other things I think are terrific just about anywhere:
* Plaid * Denim * Wood
Oh, and one last thing that makes it better yet...
It's MINE.
Does that sound selfish?! You're welcome to use it if you come visit--I promise! ;-)
P.S. -- The new Blogger is WAY wonky and it's going to take me some time to figure out how to format things here! Why do they have to go and change stuff that was fine before? I don't handle change well. Unless it comes by way of a nasty bathroom with African animals on a wallpaper boarder transforming into a fantastically fun and happy blue and yellow bathroom. I like THAT kind of change. :-)

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

WOW! What a difference from just 2 days ago!!! YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you. And for all your guests.

Tammy Washburn said...

Yeah! Much nicer than the original decor! I have my own separate bathroom too, now that the kids are gone.

Linda Galaviz said...

BEAUTIFUL!

ToughLady said...

Sis. Becki can u fix my blog please I can't get the back ground off I would appreciate it when u have a chance..

cokelady said...

Sure, Sister Janis. I'd be more than happy to help you if I can. No promises though. I'm not as good at stuff like that as I wish I was! Anyway, send me your information (blogger or google name or whatever you use to sign in with, and your password) and I'll see what I can figure out. Are you wanting to have the 4th of July background, or the flowery design? Oh, and don't send me your info on HERE or crazy people might steal it. ;-) E-mail it to me:

rebekah@thecomputersmith.net