Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pictures!

Don't get excited--there really aren't that many house pictures to share yet. But I was finally able to upload the pictures that wouldn't upload with my post last night.

I had to laugh at how different Ken Ham looked from when I first saw him... 21 YEARS AGO. I'm sure I probably look a little different, too.

The church he was speaking at was AMAZING. Look at all of those pipes! My kids are pretty sure this is where the Assembly should be held. :-)
Okay, Mom -- LIVING ROOM! My VERY OWN living room! ~Aaaaahhhhhh~ It feels like HOME. :-)
It's strange... I don't notice so much in person, but in this picture all I can see is that great big, ugly window that needs curtains of some kind. Ha!
That's it, Mom. I took a picture of the mantle wall, too, but it looks so silly with the mantle just leaning against the wall so I figured I'd wait until we enact my mantle plan and get it attached to the wall. Besides, the walls are mostly naked over there and I need to come up with something to fill them with. Some day. :-)

But HERE! Here is my kitchen sink. I LOVE IT. :-) It's just soooooooo nice to have a kitchen sink after all this time! And I really, really like the faucet we found at that salvage place in Chattanooga. I think it's perfect.
And then there are these pictures... I just couldn't NOT post these pictures. Hahahahahaha! James is in Cleveland right now and the Ridlespurges had to come over last night because our lives depended on it (no, really--I'll explain next time!) and I took them to see James' nearly finished office. They've been so excited to see it and we've all given James such a hard time about the great big, hoity-toity "overseer's desk" that he got real cheap recently. Brother Ridlespurge couldn't help himself--he just at to try it out...


Hahahahaha! I love it. We laughed a LOT. :-)

3 comments:

Jamey said...

Wow! It's all beginning to look familiar!!!! I reeeaaallly want to see it in person :)
It looks great as always. I LOOOOVVEE the pics of Br. Ridlespurge in the office. It looks just like an older James. It's GREAT!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

Love the last picture of Brother Ridlespurge best. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Too cute.
The living room is looking good, and the office. The office looks like it's been collecting stuff for years already. --I'm remembering how we had Brother & Sister Ridlespurge painting the cracks in the paneling to James' exact specifications. WHY BOTHER??? Nobody will ever see the walls as long as James is in residence. He'll have all his Church paraphernalia covering every available space.:-)
It's looking good. Certainly much better than it has in many years, I'm sure.

EmileeAnn said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Brother Ridlespurge is GREAT!!! The last picture of him is my favorite.

Things look really nice Becki.