Friday, November 13, 2009

Puzzle Day 2009!

Okay, so this picture wasn't actually taken on Puzzle Day... it was taken a day or two later when we had what really SHOULD have been Puzzle Day. But we got a little skift of snow on a Monday or a Tuesday and I quickly declared Puzzle Day '09 because we were getting ready for our Colorado trip and I knew I wouldn't have time for a day off on Wednesday or Thursday before we left! Anyway, this was taken during the week that Puzzle Day occurred. :-) And this is the only proper way to start off Puzzle Day--with James' homemade hot chocolate! YUM!!! I grew up on the little packets, but I can't make myself drink that kind of cocoa anymore now that James has got us spoiled so. I don't know what all he puts in there, but it's fantastic!

On the day (or two?) after Puzzle Day when we got enough snow to do something with, Katie happened to be the FIRST one awake. That NEVER happens--she is NOT a morning person!!! But she saw the snow out her window, hopped up, threw on her snow gear and headed outside to have some "all alone" time before the boys woke up. She was so excited to have a snow day all to herself!



This was taken later in the day when there wasn't much snow left on the ground, but it was still coming down. They're trying to catch flakes on their tongues, of course. I know who the real flakes are though...



3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Cute snowmen, and cute kids!

Tammy K. said...

Cute snowman Katie. Looks like a fun day and great hot chocalate. Becki believe it or not, I want some of that cold weather. I don't know if it is because I have a son and snow is fun with kids or what But I am actually envious of you and the snow day you had.

cokelady said...

That's easy enough to solve, Tammy. COME VISIT. :-)