Friday, November 13, 2009

The Drive Home

How can I not post these??? ~sigh~ I don't know how it's possible, but I seem to love and appreciate Colorado a little more with ever trip we take there. I particularly love THIS drive. These pictures were taken between Montrose and Durango. I think it's where heaven touches the earth. ;-)







And this is a natural hot spring just north of Durango. The formation there is sort of soft and spongy feeling and the water is really, truly WARM. --Up there in the mountains where all the other water is ICE COLD from the snow run off. It's amazing!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry for the confusion but ALASKA is where heaven and earth meet.. but Colorado and Montana are pretty close to second place ;)

but yes.. very lovely pictures. I love the wide open blue sky.. glad your trip was blessed with such nice traveling weather!

cokelady said...

Hhhmmmm... How 'bout if we just agree that any place with an elevation of 10,000 feet or greater has been touched by heaven. ;-)

The sky was GORGEOUS that day, but it never seems to come out as spectacular in pictures. Well, in my pictures anyway!

Vicki Smith said...

Really, really gorgeous!!! I'd be thrilled to visit ANY of the above mentioned states.

Tammy K. said...

Very very pretty pics.