Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just Random Things

I'm wearing one of my $4 denim skirts that I bought at the thrift store last week. I LOVE IT. It's a really great one and it makes me very happy that I found it.

We've just discovered that even without cable we get several channels on the new TV. Most of them we've already blocked, but we've kept the ones that will enable us to watch the news at night... and Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune! Ha! Ah, yes...

James bought me a La-Z-Boy yesterday! Wa-Hoo! We've got several purty little wing back chairs and they're okay for sitting and visiting in... but not for lounging in. We've been on the lookout for a long time and finally yesterday he found this perfect, like new little blue La-Z-Boy on Craigslist for $50. Wa-Hoo! I scrubbed it up and we got it into place, then James was checking out the new TV and while flipping through the channels we discovered that Wheel of Fortune was on. We called the kids (who were THRILLED--they love it) and James and I each sat down in our recliners, pulled little lap blankets over ourselves and watched Wheel of Fortune... Just like all the old people in Sun City! Ha!

As for the kids, this is pretty much what they've been up to lately...


School, school, and more school. Sam was busy making thank you cards for the birthday gifts he received. That's why his shirt was on the table--he was drawing a picture of it and needed to copy it just right. He's GREAT at that sort of thing. Although he's not so good at other things...

Yesterday when we were rearranging furniture to get my new chair in it's place I happened to move one particular piece of furniture and discovered a little pile of candy wrappers. Hershey's, Reese's, and a couple of others--the little bite-size ones that we bought about a month ago. I immediately knew the guilty party and hollered out the door for Sam to come inside. He walked in the door and I pointed to the wrappers and asked if he wanted to tell me about them. His eyes showed shock, then fear, then resignation. He just looked at me real pitiful and sighed and simply asked how bad the punishment would be. He said he didn't do it all at once; he had stolen the candy over several days and stashed the evidence. ~sigh~ Dopey kid. You know what I don't get? If I was going to steal candy, I would stuff the wrapper down deep in the trash--not under furniture where it would eventually be discovered! Not that I would steal candy, of course... ;-)

Right now the crowd is taking turns their baths and anxiously awaiting the brownies... while watching Jeopardy. :-)

Uummm... what else? Joe had some unfortunate encounters with his school principal yesterday morning... but it made for a very productive day of school yesterday and again today! That means I've been able to get sooooo much more accomplished with my day because he's been done with school by about 1:00 each day. It's been great! The house is nice and clean, I'm all caught up on the laundry and ironing, I've been able to get some "extra" stuff done, and it's just GREAT. Of course, I can't take all the credit for the clean house. I'm not sure what has happened to James, but he has been Super Husband the past day or two. He's been cleaning the house and taking care of little odd jobs all over the house (most of which would fall into MY job description) and taking care of meals and all manner of wonderfulness. He brought home this Welch's stuff from the grocery store the other day called Super Juice, so I told him to just keep on drinking that stuff! Ha! He's been sooooooooo great.

Guess what?! We've got company coming!!! Wa-Hoo! Hector & Erika and Amie and Tayde are coming to join us for Thanksgiving. Okay, so it's not actually going to be ON Thanksgiving, but we're going to HAVE Thanksgiving while they're here. We've been wanting them to come visit for a while and I'm so glad that it's working out right now so we can show them how you're SUPPOSED to celebrate Thanksgiving. In Hatch they have tamales and enchiladas and... well, all of the things they have every other day of the year! They have turkey as well... smothered in green chili, of course. So I told them that there is NO chili allowed and I'd show them what you're SUPPOSED to eat on Thanksgiving. They'll probably be sooooo glad to get back to Hatch when it's all over with! Ha! It should be a lot of fun. They're coming on Saturday and will stay until Tuesday, I think, so we'll have "Thanksgiving" on Monday. I can't wait!

That's about it. I've got an ABM service to work on tonight and some other church stuff that I've not been able to get to yet. So right after Wheel of Fortune and the brownies that James just whipped up (!), I'll have to get busy on something productive. G'night, all!

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I just stopped by so I could comment, "Time to blog, Bec," but you foiled my plans. :-S
I love the picture of the kids. You know, I've never really noticed it before but looking at Katie in that picture made me think she really DOES look like you. Who knew?

Vicki Smith said...

BTW, Grandma Bunny would really get a kick out of your paragraph about the new La-Z-Boy, lap blankets and Wheel of Fortune. You should send her that paragraph, at least.

cokelady said...

I've heard more people say, "She looks JUST LIKE YOU" in the past year than I can remember. I still can't see what they're talking about, but there must be SOME resemblance for so many different people to share that opinion. I guess I can SORT of see it in this picture, now that you mention it... A little bit... Maybe...

And I wrote to Grandma tonight, Mom. It should be forwarded to the rest of the family within a few hours, I would guess! Ha! (Which is, of course, why I so seldom write--she's The Mad Forwarder! HA!)

Rebekah Doran said...

Wow! send some of that juice up this way will ya?

I've always thought that Katie looked like you Becki. :) Glad to hear that Joe did great again today. So glad for you!

Kids are so funny when they try to "hide" stuff or sneak around. They just don't get the concept of "hiding" or "sneaking". lol

Tammy Washburn said...

Uh, somebody needs to come over and teach that kid how to dispose of candy evidence properly. :)

Wheel of Fortune and Brownies! Can it get any better than that! (however, I am not any good at Wheel of Fortune.)

Tammy K. said...

I have always said Katie looked like Becki.
New chair ,yea!!!!
Joe looks real thrilled in the picture.Was that before or after his meeting with the principal? ;o)
See if James will come do things around my house :o)

Tammy Washburn said...

Oh yeah, it sounds like I need to show up in Hatch one Thanksgiving! mmmmmmmmmmm