Friday, June 5, 2009

2nd Term BTI, 1995

First of all, let me apologize for the poor quality of these pictures. I want it to be known (mostly just to you, Mom!) that I looked and looked and looked and FINALLY found the scanner tonight. Then I looked and looked and looked and FINALLY found the cords for it. (Don't ask why they weren't together--I don't know!) Then I tried and tried and tried and STILL couldn't get the thing to work! We either have the wrong power cord or the scanner is just fried--it won't turn on at all. So in the end I had to just take pictures of my photo albums again. Still... even poor quality pictures are better than none at all, right?

Okay, here we go! :-) This picture was taken the day before we left for BTI sometime mid-late May. Loooooooove that Colorado weather! :-)

After our trip to BTI the first year, we felt like we were traveling in true luxury this year! Ha! We were riding in a motorhome (see our feet kicked up on the dash?) instead of the back of a hot, smelly, sweaty pick-up truck this year. A great improvement!

Here we are, at some gazebo along the way... (Anybody remember where??? Or why we were taking pictures there???)

And at McDonalds

I can't remember the end of the story, I just know the beginning. As we were driving down the Interstate these tires just started flying off the back of a truck and bouncing down the road. Dad pulled the "mo" over and went running back a mile to fetch what ones he could! Ha!

The following two pictures were taken at Tammi Adams' birthday party. Unfortunately, the only picture I had of HER was so dark you could barely even see who it was! This is Jay Doran. :-)

And a pile-o-girls. Don't know why Tammy isn't smiling much. She's the one on top--you'd think she'd be the happiest!

Brother Dupre's birthday was always during BTI and made for a great opportunity to bribe--oh, I mean show love and appreciation to him. ;-)

We met so many great people at BTI that year! The "Virginia Guys" (Will and Tim Cox and Tim Wickline), Jason and Joe Hill, and so many more. Here's a pile of us at McDonalds. I always loved this picture because of John Wayne standing there with us, Egg McMuffin in hand. Ha!

This was taken on picture day, while we were waiting for the photographer to get the whole school lined up and ready. Mom's not very good with self-photos (she's got terrible aim), but managed to do okay with this one!

I always love the pictures of a big bunch of girls. :-)

Ah, yes. Brother Bellis. We met him in 1st Term and, although we weren't sure exactly what to think of him in the beginning, we were all crazy about him by the end of the two weeks! We were so blessed to go through every term with him and enjoy his... peculiar sense of humor and writing style (ha!), as he was our class reporter and so good about producing a class paper for us each year. He was truly one of a kind and I'm so, so, so thankful for the opportunity to know him. "Mercy!" ;-)


Here are the twins, along with some girls dressed like twins. No, wait... triplets!

I always liked this picture. Don't have a whole lot of Cathy and me together, so this has always been one of my favorites.

As I look through my pictures of BTI this year, I would have to say that most of the craziness was led by this girl. Hard to imagine, isn't it?! Ha!


We had met Amy Steward several months earlier and just fallen in love with her. WHAT A NUT! She was sooooo fun and crazy. Just what BTI needed. :-) Here she is teaching Tim Cox how to sing the fish song.
This was also the year that my teddy bear, Charlie, was kidnapped and I received numerous randsom notes for several days before he was finally found (with one last note) in this plant during morning devotions. What cruelty! I tell ya'! I recall being most shocked to learn that it was one of the Hill boys (which one???) who had snuck unto our motorhome and stolen Charlie!!! Can you believe that?! It's always the nice, innocent ones that you can't trust. (Yes, of course, he was put up to it by a more devious personality--but that's no excuse!)

Here's Amy... well, being Amy! :-)



Jon & Johnny put on a skit called "The Pearl of Great Price." I remember it well. I mostly remember that Johnny was deeply embarrassed at having talked about needing a pay toilet in front of so many respectably ministers, specifically Brother Pruitt!



Thanks to Amy, all of us girls ended up having to sing the fish song and the frog song during music time. More good memories, I guess!

We did a lot of our getting around in the back of Tim Cox's truck. Or was it Will's? Anyway, we spent a considerable amount of time there. One particular outing was a wee bit too adventerous and we came away a little battered and bruised... but with more great memories! Ha!

The putt-putt place was a popular spot for a couple of years and we have the greatest pictures from there! I always loved this one.

This picture, though not very fun and impressive, is noteworthy because it started a tradition of us of going to the park on the last day of school and taking a group picture on this train. We did it several years in a row with an ever increasing number of people. :-)

And here's a whole pile of us after service on the very last night. These pictures always make me smile!

This picture didn't turn out very good (at least when I tried to take a picture of the picture!), but it was taken on our way home from BTI that year, somewhere in Kasas, I believe. It was such an amazing shot, but also carries a story that's a bit embarrassing. Dad pulled the motorhome over so we could take a picture of the awesome rainbow. For some reason, we thought that if we went far enough into the field we'd be able to get the entire rainbow in the shot with the motorhome, so we'd run a while and turn around and look, then run some more and turn and look... never stopping to think that the rainbow was a reflection of light and water--it's not like it was going to get smaller and "fit" into the viewfinder of my camera just because we were backing up! Ha! Dad had a pretty good laugh over that one.

And here we are after a long, but FANTASTIC two weeks of BTI. :-)

When I look at these pictures I'm sooooo thankful for the time we had at BTI, the people we met, the friendships we grew, and the memories I have now. It also makes me think of how much I miss Johnny! Ha! I love and miss him a whole lot, especially when I look back and remember what a BIG part he was of our youth group and our family. I'm thankful for the memories--of everybody and all of the fun. It makes me anxious to see everybody at the Assembly! :-)

Okay, I'll shoot for 3rd Term next time! G'night!

7 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Great memories! That was the year that some people found out what "four wheeling" really meant.

Vicki Smith said...

Thanks for taking the time to post great pictures/memories and commentary. Fun, fun times. Thank God for all those who have continued to serve God faithfully and remain true to their covenants. It's a reminder to say another prayer for the one or two individuals who have lost their way. We certainly want to see them restored!

Dave and Melissa said...

Wow ! Even thought I started B T I in 96 those photos are still fun to remember . I remember when you guys came home and we had a ' picture party' :) So when you post about 3 rd term go easy on the photos! thanks :)

Cat-n-Dan said...

Bec I love this post. the picture of us had been my fav too. I also have that one.
AHHH Great times.

Montgomery's said...

Funny, I was just looking at a lot of BTI pictures about 2 weeks ago. You have many of the same ones I have. I suppose that's because we were all always nearly together. Such fun, great memories, I want to go back! Sure wish we were coming to camp and will be missing everyone at the Assembly!!!

cokelady said...

We'll miss you guys, too, Amy! I really wish you could be here AND there. (Camp and the Assembly, that is.) You'll have to plan better next year. HA! ;-)

Montgomery's said...

No baby is coming next year! It's all Rob's fault.