Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We got up yesterday morning and enjoyed yet another beautiful drive from Estes Park into Denver. James had wanted to take the kids to Casa Bonita last time we went through Denver but it just didn't work out, so we went there for lunch yesterday. The kids had a blast, as always, and I'm always amazed by the layout and caves and hidden seating areas all over the place. James said he read that the restaurant can seat 1,100 people. Can you imagine?! We had a great table right next to the waterfall so the kids were up front and personal for the western show. Bart fell off the cliff into the lagoon again. Who would've imagined??? :-) All of the kids were too scared to walk through the cave this time. I was relieved. I'm the one who has to deal with it in the black of night if they have any issues!

We got to Jon & Em's house at about 1:00, I think, and the kids spent the afternoon playing with all the cousins while James dozed and Emilee and I just visited. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon and, as always, we just love being with all the Smiths! Emilee made tacos for dinner, then we were off to church at Brother Messenger's house. Here is the pile-o-cousins all ready for service. ;-)

Sadly, that's the only picture I took with the Smiths! What was I thinking???

After service we went home and put all the kid-o's to bed, then the four of us adults went downstairs and James and I saw and experienced the Wii for the very first time. What fun! I think tennis may have been the most fun, although the only thing I actually won at was cow racing--that was great! Ha! After trying out a whole lot of the different games we just sat around and talked for a few hours. Until about 2:30, I think! We'd lost James a few hours earlier, of course. ;-)

Auntie Em fixed pancakes for breakfast this morning, making for a very happy group of little people. We had another nice, relaxing morning that I thoroughly enjoyed. :-) We stuck around for lunch, then loaded up and said our goodbyes. They were real easy this time since we'll be seeing everybody again in just two days. :-)

Sam has had a real strange day today, sleeping through most of it. He slept most of the morning away at the Smith's house, then slept nearly the entire trip over to Salida. He never said anything about feeling sick, but he just couldn't seem to wake up today! Weird. I napped a little bit in the car, too, but made sure to wake up in time for some more great scenery. :-)


We got checked into our motel, then had a really nice dinner before church. We enjoyed a good service with Sister Flora--it's always so good to see her. She is such a special lady. And I always just love going back to the Salida church. It's full of sooooo many memories and I usually end up laughing and crying over them! I always miss Grandmother and Granddaddy so much while I'm there. But I always remember the Saturday night prayer meetings we had as teenagers and how the power of God was soooooooo strong there and how He was answering prayers and moving in our church during that time. I always think of bringing Katie to church on a Tuesday night, the day she'd been born and I remember Shanda and I taking turns in the little "nursery" feeding or changing Katie and Cainan. Sooooo many things that seem like a lifetime ago! And then I remember being at that church a REAL lifetime ago--when I was 8 or 10 years old. I'd go to church with Grandmother and all of the Clarksons would be there and Toni Yahn and Brandon and a few others, we'd sit on those hard pews and we'd sing page 277 ("Sweet is the song... I'm singing today...!), then afterwards Grandmother would take me out to eat at the Country Bounty. :-) How did I get to be old and married and have kids and all that stuff?! And so FAST! It's crazy. Anyway, that's my little trip down memory lane.

We went over to Sister Flora's house to visit for a little while after church tonight, so that was nice. James stopped and got milkshakes for the kids on our way back to the motel. Now they're all asleep or close to it and I'm not far behind them. Tomorrow we'll be doing some running around, then visiting the Pueblo church in their service tomorrow night. We'll stay with Keven & Michele Lewis the next two nights since District Convention starts there in Pueblo the day after tomorrow. After that it's on to the Hays' house for our last church visit and one night visiting the revival with Brother Ammons. Then we're planning on heading home on Tuesday. Chances are this is the last time you'll hear from me before we get back home since this is likely our last motel stay. I don't blog while we're staying with people. It takes away from my people time. But then, I've probably mentioned that some time before. ;-) Please be in prayer for the rest of our services and for our District Convention. I'll try to be better about pictures on the rest of the trip than I've been on this last leg. :-)

No proof reading again tonight. Just so you know. ;-)

6 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Sounds like your still having a good time. Salida church has almost as many memories as Colorado Springs to me. We had a great life as teeenagers. So much to look back on and be so thankful and many laughs.
Will pray for Convention, tell everyone hello for me.

Vicki Smith said...

You and Em are getting camera lazy when it comes to pictures of my grandkids. :-( But that Colorado sky is to die for!
I'm glad you're enjoying your trip, and even the one down Memory Lane. How nice. I'd forgotten you took Katie to church the day she was born! What a woman! I don't remember it. What time was she born? I remember Chris and Shanda bringing Cainan over to the house the day Katie was born, the day after Cainan was born. We have that great picture of them. LOL

Marcia Brooks said...

Ahh.. yes Casa Bonita, Salida, you sure brought us down memory lane and I wasn't even there when Katie was born but remember many trips to Salida and many trips to Casa Bonita. You made me home sick once again for beautiful Colorado. And the picture... you just had to rub it in. :) Glad your trip is going well and will be continue to pray for Dist. Convention

marshasblog said...

Enjoying all the beautiful pictures!!

Tammy Washburn said...

Ha! You ARE super woman! The Church didn't even see Dustin until he was at least 3 weeks old. I never had a day of morning sickness, but I was always sicker after the births. I had natural births, but was probably low on iron, etc. I never could swallow those horse pills. I had sugar issues with Alaena and was weaker, and my back went out during my pregnancy. So no church services the day of births for me!

cokelady said...

Tammy -- We had the BEST life as teenagers. I can't imagine ANYBODY having more fun and more great memories of those years as we've got. But... you couldn't pay me enough to go back and live them again! Ha!

Mom -- Sorry about the lack of kid pictures. I haven't been any better this last part of the trip either! Don't know what happened. :-S

Sister Marcia -- I'm not rubbing it in. I'm SHARING it with you! ;-)

Other Sister Marsha -- I hope you and Brother Donnie get a chance to come see all of the gorgeous scenery (and terrific people!) out here one of these days. It's SO much better than the pictures. :-)

Sister Tammy -- Katie was born at 3:30 in the morning, so by 7:00 that night it was almost like "the day after" she was born. I figured taking her to church was the perfect way to start her life; proper priorities--don't let ANYTHING keep you from God and church! Ha! Besides, I couldn't wait to show her off and be with PEOPLE! ;-)