Saturday, May 30, 2009

Update

THANK YOU for the prayers. God absolutely intervened and fixed our problem! Wa-Hoo! Wanna hear about it???

To make a very long story short (think I can do it?), on Thursday I became aware that we might not have a CAMPGROUND to use for Family Camp--which starts in three weeks. They had double booked and two other groups were scheduled to be there during our week. Can you imagine?! The other folks had already paid for their time there, whereas we hadn't paid anything. We've worked directly with the Mayor for this campground for 3 or 4 years now and she's never wanted a contract or deposit before (which is very bad business on her part AND ours--I think we've all learned our lesson on that one!), so we had no leverage whatsoever. Except that we have connections. By that I mean that we pray to the God who can work miracles for his people! :-) That's just what we did, and just what He did. Yesterday the Mayor called back and said she'd talked the other folks into waiting until after our Camp is over with before they come. There will still be one group finishing up there the night that we arrive, but they've also been very kind and understanding and I'm sure we can work together with them easily that first night. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I have spent a considerable amount of time researching campgrounds the past couple of weeks hoping to find a new place to host Family Camp and/or Minister's Retreat. When I got the "Oops, looks like the campground is taken during that time" news on Thursday I upped by efforts to ultra-high gear! Ha! I had talked to Brother Dustin (the Camp Director) and we were desperate enough to consider looking at regular campsites and asking people to use their tuition money to buy a tent for their family. Ha! Anything but CANCEL, that was the plan. :-) But God worked it out much better than that and we're sooooo thankful.

So can you see why I didn't want to share the dilemma that first night??? I didn't want everybody in the region to freak out about not having camp and be calling one another and me (!) saying, "WHAT?!?!? Now what are we gonna do???" There were no answers to give and no need to get everybody all panicked over what God worked out for us the next day anyway. Now we can save our panic for a later date. :-) My plan at this point is to not talk to the Mayor again until I absolutely have to. It seems every time I do there is some new catastrophe worst than the last one and I'm just not up for it. This one only lasted about 20 hours, but it aged me considerably!

So now you know. It was terrible, but it's all over with and no harm done. THANK GOD! He is sooooo good to us. The other good news is that I have two new campgrounds to explore (and calls out on several others--not including the dozens I've contacted and already learned that they WON'T work) that MIGHT be possibilities for future use. We're going to be looking into them in the next few weeks and see if they really might meet our needs and if we really might be able to afford them. So many aspects to consider. I'm praying for God's direction and open doors. Anyway, that's our latest Camp news--things are looking GREAT and we are soooooo excited about "The Great Expedition" coming up! :-)

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

PRAISE GOD for answering prayer! He ALWAYS works things out one way or another, for our good. I was sort of looking forward to sleeping on the floor of a tent! *riiiiiiight* ;-) I would have done it, though, just to get to be at Camp with everybody.

ToughLady said...

That would be interesting to see if how many people would of bought tents with their money, but thank God we don't, I would of done it just because i never have went camping like that in my whole life...

Tammy K. said...

I would have slept in a tent, it would not be fun 7 and 1/2 months pregnant, but I would have done it. I like camping. I am glad we don't have too though, not this year. maybe next year. HA!!!!

~Amy said...

Oh, praise the Lord for the answer ... and a speedy answer at that. He's so good. I'm rejoicing with you. :-)