Friday, March 27, 2009

So Bittersweet

So, due to this...the Colorado District Convention was postponed. We got snow here, but only about 3" or so. In Colorado, however, most of I-25 was supposedly encountering a severe blizzard. They were forcasting 10-12" in some places, white-out conditions in others, and "up to 4' snow drifts" in other places. Of course, in the end none of it turned out to be quite as severe as predicted and we probably could have gone ahead with Convention... But how can you KNOW?! Anyway, it was sad to have to postpone it... but not heartbreaking! I feel so non-spiritual (!!!), but I was actually a little bit relieved. If it would have been CANCELLED I would have been sorely disappointed, but since it's only POSTPONED I'm actually thankful that the timing worked out so well for us. We were able to enjoy a nice, pretty little snow and...

We finished something!!! TWO somethings, actually!!! ~sigh~ I'm so happy. I feel like we've crossed two great big hurdles and there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. As of this afternoon, the garage... Oh, wait... I mean the

DEN!!!!!!

--Is completed!!! Wa-Hoo!!!


So here are a few before and after shots. I had a terrible time decorating in here--it's sort of a hodge-podge of stuff... but it's what we had left after finishing the rest of the house! And it doesn't matter to me at all. I just love that it's FINISHED!!! :-)







And... (insert drumroll here, please)...

James now has his very own soda fountain!!!



That little black thing (above) is a fridge and "kegerator" or something like that. It will hold carbonated water so we can get syrups of all kinds and make our very own Italian sodas or cherry-limeades or vanilla cokes or... Oh, the possibilities are endless! :-) Is that not the coolest thing in the world?! I think it's great, personally, but more than anything I'm soooooo happy for James. He's always wanted to run a soda fountain, preferably as a business (ha!), and this is probably as close as he'll ever get. He already gets this cute little twinkle in his eye when he stands behind the bar--and we're not even fully set up to operate yet! I'm going to have to get him one of those soda jerk hats and take his picture. :-)

Here's the front view.



And as if finishing the den wasn't enough to make me happy... almost downright giddy, in fact... we managed to finish our bedroom today as well! Wa-Hoo!!! We're on a roll!













So there you have it. Pictures, at last! ~sigh~ Life is so grand. I'm just so glad to have two rooms finished and put together and nice and clean and enjoyable. Now if I can get control of the rest of the house (truly TRASHED, with lots more boxes of stuff to unpack and find a place for--mostly office/closet kind of things) I can LIVE, just LIVE here instead of WORK here. Well... I guess that's what I do... "work" here at home. You know what I mean, though! I will get to just do the regular wife/mom thing--cooking and cleaning and dishes and laundry and ironing and all that jazz. ~sigh~ That sounds so wonderful!

15 comments:

J Nowling said...

I love all that you have done with your place.

Your district convention was postponed due to snow storm, our youth convention was cancelled due to volcano eruption. We don't know why but God has his purposes and like you, I wanted to go but wasn't totally disappointed as I had lots of things to do here at home.

Erika J. said...

ahh, that looks so great sis. rebekah! congrats on your accomplishment! :)

~Amy said...

How much fun!!!! Your decorating looks great. LOOOOVE your bedroom. Very pretty. Congratulations on all the accomplishments. Yay!!! And congrats to James on getting a soda fountain. So very cool.

Momma Tammi said...

It all looks fantabulous! You two did an awesome job.

Rebekah Doran said...

Nice! Congrats on finally getting it all done! That is neat that James has his very own soda fountain. :)

Sister Charity said...

Yay!! it's finally done! It looks great! So is the boys room done yet or are you still working on that? Anyway everything looks so homey and cozy and country. It's great!

EmileeAnn said...

The rooms look really good, Becki! When we had to postpone convention I wondered if you'd be able to get the rooms finished up.

LOVE the wood wallpaper in your bedroom and the red wall matches perfectly with all your decor!

Your description of James at his soda fountain is priceless...the twinkle in his eye! That's so great!

Thanks for taking the time to share your finished product with us.

ToughLady said...

Oh! Wow! It is awesome how you did your bedroom, and the den it looks great, and the soda fountain, i am coming to your for sure and for certain now...

I was bum med when the convention was postponed, but the weather is unpredictable in colorado, but who knew..

Tammy K. said...

Good job guys. It looks great. The bedroom looks cool with that log cabin wall paper. Maybe one day we can have a soda from the fountain.:O)

Vicki Smith said...

It all looks fantastic! You have GOT to call Jason (is that his name?) and INSIST he come look at what you've done to that house. He'll never believe it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It all looks great! I'm so happy for you!

Tammy Washburn said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see the boy's rooms.

Tam said...

Beautiful!!!

Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cokelady said...

Thanks for all the comments, guys! You're ALL welcome to come to James' new soda fountain (now up and running!) for the combination of your choosing. ;-)

Mom, I'm going to print out some before and after pictures of each room in the house to send to Jason. Don't know if he'll love it or hate it, but I really think he ought to see it! :-)