Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nothing Much

I have become a very, very bad blogger. But it's for the best really since I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. It seems like it's just the same thing: my house is trashed, I'm working hard, it will be done some day and I'll post pictures. Hasn't that been my story for weeks now? Nooooo... silly me. It's been a year. No, wait. It's been... 1 year, 1 month, and 12 days. That's how long we've been in this house. ~sigh~ Sometimes I think the end is in sight. Other times I laugh... a sort of disturbing maniacal laugh... realizing that the work on a house really never ends. If we all just lived in tents we wouldn't know the conveniences of living in houses and "making a comfortable home" and all that stuff and we'd be content and have a whole lot more time on our hands. ~sigh~

I've run out of steam for the night. It always seems to happen before I've completed all that I had intended to complete, then those things get shoved back to the next day's to-do list. But not this time--we're probably leaving in the morning for Colorado District Convention. The jury's still out on that. Southern Colorado and northeastern New Mexico are supposed to be getting slammed with serious snow storms tonight and tomorrow. Jon said it's pretty much over with in Denver, but there are still winter storm warnings in affect in Colorado Springs until 6:00 tomorrow morning and Pueblo (where Convention is to be held) until noon, or something like that. Coming from our direction (our family would be the only ones coming from the south) our biggest problem would be making it over Raton pass, which is expecting 10-15 inches of snowfall tonight and tomorrow morning. Could be interesting! Ha! Jon (District Overseer up there) is going to wait to see how things actually pan out (can't trust the weathermen, you know) and will decide in the morning whether to go ahead with Convention or postpone it. At which time I'll know whether or not to do a warp-speed packing job so we can hop in the car and get going! I thought about packing tonight... but I just can't make myself do it. I am sooooo wiped out and I just can't bear the thought of exerting any energy that might turn out to be in vain. The thought of packing, then possibly not going anywhere after all is just not worth it! So I'll wait until morning to find out where the day's energy allotment will be used. ;-)

You know, I'm sounding really pitiful tonight. I hate whiny blogs! I didn't realize I was whiny until I re-read some of this--now I know! I'll spare you all anymore. Again I'll say: pictures soon! Just keep in mind that "soon" is a very relative term. ;-)

No comments: