Monday, July 26, 2010

Surprise!!!

I'm blogging again!!! I'm just as surprised as you are. :-)

Nothing much to blog about. We did have a FANTASTIC service yesterday morning. I was sooooo blessed. I just felt so overwhelmed by the love of God. The Lord really began to bless and move in our song service and there was a wonderful spirit of worship. Brother Chris didn't really preach, just shared a few scriptures and followed the Holy Ghost and--it would sound weird if I tried to explain it, but--we had a different kind of service. It ended with everybody up at the altar praying and worshiping, tears streaming. It was so beautiful. I just kept thinking about what an amazing thing worship is. I remember Emilee talking in her class at Ladies' Retreat about "thanks" being the lowest form of worship because it's dependant upon what God has done for us. But praise and worship not in connection with how God benefits us is just so beautiful; more precious than the other. (Not that thankfulness is BAD, of course... You know what I mean!) Anyway, I just kept thinking... Worship is supposed to be our gift to God... Why, then, do I come away feeling so blessed?! It's only right and just that we should offer praise and worship to Him--and He owes us nothing in return. Yet He loves us so. He allows us to feel His presence and His love and His power; He gives strength and grace that we can feel and refreshes our souls. He doesn't have to let us feel anything--and it would still be only right for us to worship Him. How loving He is--how compassionate and caring toward us to allow us to feel Him moving around us and in us and through us! ~sigh~ I love Him so much. :-)

Today has been a good, productive day. Got all of the laundry done, both bathrooms cleaned, and all of the floors swept, mopped and vacuumed. That feels good. :-) AND we started school today. That's right, the new school year is underway! The kids have had several weeks off from school... and they're driving me nuts!!!! Ha! Things run soooooo much smoother around here when everybody is busy and occupied with school and chores. When they don't have anything productive to do they just end up fighting and bickering all the time. They are so much HAPPIER when they have school and other work to do. They strongly disagree with my assesment of the situation, but I don't care. I've seen it and I know it to be true. Besides, I'm the Mom. That's really all that matters. :-) So it was BACK TO SCHOOL today! Wa-Hoo!!! We'll get nearly two full weeks in before the Assembly.

And... that's it! A painfully short post (far better than painfully long, I'm sure--you know, the kind of post I'm usually guilty of!), but I just have nothing else to say. I will, however, add a few random pictures. That's the only kind I have right now. :-)

Here's the TERRIFIC Coke puzzle from Emilee. Thanks again, Em--I LOVE IT! :-)

And here is officer Sam. He was all duded up for a while today. After he finished his school, of course. See how HAPPY he looks?! ;-)
And here are some of Katie's latest creations. She's taking them to sell at the Assembly Mission Table. I absolutely LOVE the cowboy!!! :-)

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm not sure I'd want to tangle with Officer Sam. :-)
Katie's creations are TOOOOOO CUTE!!! Amazing! Those tiny little flags have GOT to be big sellers at the Assembly. Who could resist? The other little guys are adorable, too, but the flags put them over the top.
I was SHOCKED to see you'd blogged again already. I usually use your blog as an index to see who ELSE has blogged so I can go check them out. When I came to check your blog roll this morning I was amazed to find a new post. Good job!!!

Tammy Washburn said...

I agree with Sis. Smiht...the flag just puts them over the top! Very cute! Oh, and I didn't get to comment below....very nice paintings. How talented your family is! But we wanted to see YOURS too Sis. Beki! :)

Tammy K. said...

Good job Kate and Sam looks fantastic in his get-up. Jeremiah likes Katie's ittle guys he kept pointing at the picture. That's what he does when he likes or wants something.

cokelady said...

Mom -- I was shocked to see that I had blogged again, too. Who knew?! I think Katie's creations are GREAT. She's getting better all the time!

Sister Tammy -- Now that my husband is out of town I should be able to successfully get my painting out to the dumpster unnoticed. Ha! It's not HORRIBLE, but it's not something I'd want to hang in my house either. And no, you don't need to see a picture of it. ;-)

Tammy -- You tell Jeremiah that he can get any of those little figures he wants at the Mission table at the Assembly. :-)

Anonymous said...

Katie should make a nativity set.

cokelady said...

Nope. We don't take recommendations from secret admirers. No nativity set. Not unless you reveal yourself. ;-)