Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Too Tired

...to follow through and post about the Glorieta trip like I was planning to do. I've GOT to post about it before Christmas or else... well, or else it will be really dumb 'cuz then I'll have another big event with lots of pictures to post--before posting about the first big event! ~sigh~ Maybe tomorrow.

I just finished up on dippy calendar page #4. I'm on a roll! HA! It's probably not that bad. They're not dog ugly... well, maybe February is... but I'd say everything is turning out mediocre, at best. I've GOT to start earlier next year and go in with a plan. This "wingin' it" thing just isn't working out as well!

Today we loaded up and went shopping with 14 million other idiots. CRAZY. We homeschoolers take it for granted how blessed we are to be able to go places during school hours and enjoy some calm outings. School is out now and there were MOBS of people EVERYWHERE, all in that crazy, uncharitable frenzy to finish up their shopping. It really bugged me and I just kept thinking, "I don't want to be one of them!!!" I don't want to be caught up in all of the craziness and hoopla and the twisted priorities, running every which way because my kids will surely die if they don't have yet another toy for Christmas. I saw men in the toy aisle talking on their cell phones, obviously reporting what was available and asking what they should purchase; women sifting through piles of toys and games, crabbily (cool word, hu?) trying to settle on something; and a line at least two hours long (if you can judge it that way) of kids already tired of standing, waiting to see Santa Clause, along with their long faced, "don't mess with me" parents. Nothing like the spirit of Christmas, I tell ya'! I couldn't wait to get out of there. We even had a $10 coupon for J.C. Penny's that we didn't use. I could've made out with some new fun socks or a sleeper for the kids or something... but there was just nothing we needed desperately enough to stand in line for 30 minutes for! So we just left.

We did enjoy a REALLY fantastic lunch before the crowd hit at the Olive Garden. Yum! That was the highlight of our day. We endured the madness at the mall (Mall Madness... didn't that used to be a game we played with Karen???) long enough for me to find a nice calendar for my kitchen for this next year. We quickly decided the mall was NOT the place for us (how dumb of us to not know it to begin with!) and headed to Hobby Lobby. We were able to find something crafty and constructive for Sam's gift instead of just a toy. It was cheap to start with, then 30% off, all of which makes me happy. So now we're all done! Wa-Hoo!

We came home and made a list of the groceries we'll be needing this week. At least I HOPE it was a list of everything we'll need! I'm not very good with that word "everything" in these instances. We'll see! James was gracious enough to go shopping in Edgewood for me (what a guy!), so I was able to get the house cleaned up some.

Got the kids to bed and spent an hour or more just trying to get an IDEA for the April page of the calendar. Help, Em! Why am I such a loser?! Ha! Don't answer that. ;-)

Ah, yes. Say a prayer for Katie if you think of it. She acted fine all throughout the day, but just before bedtime she went into the bathroom and lost her lunch. Twice. She's been sleeping solid since then, so I'm hoping it was just one of those weird things--or maybe something she ate. I really don't want to have sick kids over Christmas!

That's it. I'm off to bed, at long last. Have a great Christmas Eve Eve! ;-)

Oh, but first--here are a few pictures from last week.

Sammy Crockett

And the kids enjoying the snow! Here's Joe building a giant snowball or the beginnings of a snowman. Who knows!


Katie working on her own masterpiece. (Gotta get that poor girl some snowboots! Do they go on sale after Christmas???)
And Katie and Sam with the snowman they built together. This was before Hershey had eaten all of the raisins off of him. (They use raisins for eyes and buttons, but they never last more than 10 minutes once the dog finds them!)
Okay, that's it! LATER!

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I know the calendar will be stunning! I'm anxious to get it. Just because you're not wowed doesn't mean I won't be, you know.
Love the pictures. Your boys could almost open their own costume shop, couldn't they? HA! How fun that is. Instead of vegging out in front of the TV or some dopey electronic game, they're cultivating their imagination and creativity. It makes me so happy.

Vicki Smith said...

Poor Katie. Bare naked legs and cold cowboy boots. Bless her heart!

Momma Tammi said...

Great pics of the kids. Katie needs some mukluks...those poor bare legs, just makes me shiver looking at them. I've avoided the malls...but Walmart is just as bad if not worse. I've been trying to avoid it too. Hope you managed to get everything...I didn't, but they were out so...what can ya do? Good luck with the rest of the calendar.

Tammy K. said...

Sam and I braved the mall too last night,we got a REALLY late start (story of my life) So by the time we got to the mall nearly everbody was gone, but we do live in Texas and received MANY smiles and Merry Christmass'.
We went to Olive Garden too.
Poor Katie, that girl looked Cold, your such a bad mom.... HA!!She is always the lady , isn't she? I laughed and laughed at that picture.crazy girl.