Friday, December 19, 2008

And As For Today

~whew~ I just spent all my steam writing up that last post! But I don't want to get any farther behind blogging than I already am, so let me post some pictures from today.

Joe just discovered he has another loose tooth. (He lost his first tooth a couple of months ago.) Here he his this morning, failing to pull it out. (Gotta love the little onlooker in all his hunting garb!)


Joe helped me make dinner tonight...
While Sam did the laundry. All I did was add the soap for him--he did all the rest. He's such a good little worker. He even felt it necessary to watch and make sure the dryer was doing it's job properly! Ha!
Meanwhile, Katie had gotten her school book out in hopes of finishing up her Reading Comprhension section before the day was out. She succeeded! One more section to go and she'll be ready for her new books. (We just bought more books for Kate & Joe because they're going through these ones so fast!)
And tonight after we put the kids to bed Joe showed back up in our bedroom and said he'd been working on his tooth and thought it was ready to come out. I said okay, let's see it then. No problem--he ripped that puppy right outta there!
Katie soon followed, of course, declaring that she thought HER tooth was ready to come out, too. It drives her crazy that she'll have a loose tooth for weeks or months on end and just can't get it loose enough to come out, then Joe will notice one day that he's got a loose one and it'll be under his pillow that very night! Ha! Katie's tooth didn't come out tonight, of course. Maybe if she keeps working on it she'll get it out before Christmas. She's wiggling it for all she's worth, so I guess we'll see!
One last thing...

Please say a prayer for Joe. It's 11:00 and he's STILL awake. He came running and screaming into our room a little while ago, scared of something he thought he was seeing in the bedroom. He HATES being this way and it's embarrassing when the other boys call him a sissy and all of that. He knows he's a scaredy cat and wants to get over it, but either the devil or his own crazy little mind has him really bound with fear--and I can't tell which! I had a good talk with him earlier and we had a really good prayer together, but this is something that is very, very real to him and he needs God to help him to get victory over his fears and be able to rest well at night--every night--trusting God and not fearing silly things that don't exist. Please help us pray. And if you have any more words of advice on this issue, I'm open!!! We've tried playing music at night (praise music or Scripture songs), quoting scriptures he's memorized, praying... Anything I'm missing here??? Advice is welcome and prayers are needed. :-) THANK YOU! G'night!

***One more new post below!***

6 comments:

~Amy said...

Don't know what else you could do other than what you already are. Will say prayers.

Are you guys all feeling better? Hope so.

Too funny about Joe pulling those teeth out. HA!

Go, Katie, on the reading!!!! Wooo hooo!!! (child after my own heart ;-)

Your kids are just way too cute. :D

Tam said...

I have always found that sleeping with my Bible under my pillow works. Try it!

Momma Tammi said...

We'll be praying for Joe. You're already doing everything that I did with Jeremy, so don't have anything else to offer.

I love the look on Joe's face when he pulled the tooth out...his eyes are great! Sam is just too much!

Vicki Smith said...

Hoping you'll get more sleep tonight. This phase won't last forever. One day you'll look back and giggle over it all. Really, you will.

peaceinchaos said...

I have had the same issue with Colton. We pray, I put his Bible under his pillow and a prayer cloth in the pillow case (or under the bed) We have spent many a night rebuking the devil for invading our sleep.

Sis Janis and I have a vunny story about tooth pulling. Colton had a loose tooth so Rebekah and Hannah laid him down on the bed, held him down and pulled it. I responded when he screamed, it was not as ready as we hoped. Kids :)
Stacey C.

donaldestep2 said...

Neither of our kids have had lingering issues with being scared at night, but Haley did for a short while it seems. The things you are doing are basically it. Just hang with it. As much as I hate to admit it, I struggled with the same problems personally. In fact I struggled with fear(not so much of anything moving in my room) up into young adulthood. Prayer and a few scriptures helped me to finally be delivered. The boy is certainly not a sissy, and he will beat the problem in time.