Friday, December 19, 2008

Is it Prideful to Say

…that I have particularly good taste in scrapbooking? I know it to be true because I just spent two and a half hours working on one stinkin’ page, sat back and looked at it and thought, “What?! You spent all that time on THAT?! Sheeze-Louise, Bec—is it your first time???” The pictures are fun and the paper is cute, but the put-together is pitiful, to say the least. ~sigh~ It’s been two years since I’ve done anything like this and it definitely shows. I’ll finish up these calendars though (one page down; eleven to go!) and post pictures. Then all of you gracious people will say nice things like, “It looks good, Bec. No, really! I like it—you did a good job.” And other such lies. I’m mad at you already.

;-)

Okay, so I probably won’t take it all that seriously, but it is frustrating to look at other people’s work and say, “WOW!!! That looks sooooooooo good! It’s FANTASTIC, Em! How do you DO that?!” Then you set out to do something equally as wowing and realize you just don’t got the stuff. (I know, I know—hardly proper English, but sometimes proper English doesn’t relay the feeling just right!) ~sigh~ Maybe it will get better as I go along. I guess that’s all it can do! HA!

I’m soooooooo far behind in my blogging. I keep telling myself that I’m going to get back to posting something every day, or at least every other day. There’s so much that I haven’t written! It’s been hard to get anything done this week though since we’ve all been taking turns with the sniffles. Of course, that’s the pleasant way of saying it. The more truthful way of saying it is that we’ve all taken turns with the sniffs and snorts and wheezes and coughs and hacks and blows and honks and grunts and growls. It all depends on who happens to be afflicted, you know? It’s mostly been just runny noses and stuffiness, although James has had an accompanying headache and spent all day in bed today. The rest of us have just had enough of it for it to be a nuisance, but not nearly enough to land us in bed.

I cooked three chickens yesterday, chopped two up to freeze, then made the third into a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. It was a first for me and I called Tammy for help. (Isn’t it SO COOL that I called YOU for cooking help, Tammy?! Ha! I love it!!! You’ve come so far!!!) It turned out really good, just needed a titch more salt. The kids weren’t sure what to think of the homemade noodles, but two-thirds of them ended up really liking them. :-) And it made me feel good to make the perfect meal for a bunch of almost sickies.

James wasn’t able to make it to church tonight because of his symptoms, so the kids and I left a little early and went shopping. We were able to get his Christmas presents taken care of, so that feels great! James is SO HARD to shop for, but I finally thought of something that he needed and didn’t already have. Now if only the kids can keep their traps shut for a whole week… ! We finished early and went to Panda Express to grab a bite before church. Did you know that a Mom and three children can feast on orange chicken, fried rice, shrimp and root beer for $8.90? It always amazes me how cheap it is to eat when James isn’t with us! Ha! We finished up there and still had a few minutes to spare, so we flew into Hobby Lobby and I picked up three sheets of scrapbook paper in hopes of finding some inspiration. I’ve been needing to do these calendars, but I just could not get motivated with any ideas. I’ve got a pile of papers that threatens to topple over if bumped, but they just weren’t doing anything for me! So three new papers and a set of metal letters for .81 on clearance and SHA-ZAM, I’ve got my first fledgling page all finished! Ha!

~sigh~ It’s past midnight, I’m wide awake, and I can’t even blog. I’m typing all of this up in Word because I can’t get online right now for some reason. What a gyp. Oh well, I’d best try to get some sleep. Maybe I’ll dream up some fantastic ideas for the February calendar page… ;-)

3 comments:

~Amy said...

Well, we (I mean scrapbookers) all have such days when anything we try, even though it takes hours, nothing looks right ... HOWEVER, I have seen some really cute stuff from you, so we all know you got it.

;-)

Sorry to hear ya'll aren't feeling so hot. I'll be sure to sy a prayer for you today. Hasn't James tried the Mentholatum song? ;-)

Tammy K. said...

I hope you all get to feeling better soon. I am glad your soup turned out, I would say, I can't believe I could help you except that it is a pretty easy recipe. I am getting better though. Sara actualy told me she missed my cooking, now that is an accomplishment, I would have never imagined someone would miss MY cooking. with a lot of prayer and good support from a great husband,and the tidbits of information I remember from other good cooks .. I am learning more everyday.
I got your card today, good picture.

Vicki Smith said...

What? YOU got a card, Tammy? I didn't. And I have NO idea why you haven't gotten mine, Bec. I've been fighting the urge to go postal on the entire United States Post Office today. I have NO PROBLEM understanding where the phrase"going postal" derived from and how the definition came to include manic violence! I'm just blaming it on the USPS and I'm irritated to the extreme that their service continues to get worse and worse while their prices climb higher and higher (newest price hike will occur in just a couple of weeks). Absurd.