Wednesday, October 17, 2012

House Pictures!!!

Okay, I've been killing myself trying to figure out how to get pictures on my blog without having to go through a bajillion different steps. I've done tons of research and have been experimenting with different methods and have been learning new tricks. And at the end of the day I have come to a simple conclusion.

IT IS SO NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

So I'm down to my last option and a half. (The "half" is thrown in there because I'm not sure it's really a possibility at all), the very last option being to just cough up the $30 per year to be able to do things the old fashioned way. After everything I've been wasting so much time on, that one is sounding better all the time! Ha!

BUT... I do have pictures to share tonight! It occurred to me that I had never posted any pictures of any of the upstairs rooms once we finished them. Of course, most of them still aren't completely finished (we still lack curtains and bedskirts and things like that), but they're so close to being finished it makes me very happy. :-) We'll start with one of the upstairs bathrooms.

This is BEFORE...

img0337fg.jpg

This is mid-project. (Remember how many layers of wallaper and border were in there? Was it 3 layers of wallpaper and 5 or 6 borders?! Along with two or three layers of paint! HA! I had forgotten what a nightmare that room was to work on!)

img0925y.jpg

And AFTER. ~sigh~ What a relief to have all of that ugly gone!!!

img2306t.jpg

img2308g.jpg

img2311rx.jpg

And this is the work room before...

img0982d.jpg

And after...

img2315q.jpg

Okay, so we're really not FINISHED in here and it's a little cluttery, but HEY, it's a work room, right?! I haven't actually unpacked my sewing/craft stuff yet, so it's still in boxes in a corner in there. But you can see that James has his official Bob Ross painting easle in the corner and his vinyl cutter on the other corner, then my sewing machines over on the right. We usually have that table set up in the middle for whatever. Katie likes to go in there and work on crafts of all sorts--or paint. As for the improvements in there, we kept the grasscloth on the top part of the walls because we thought it was cool. :-) We painted the bottom paneling green, painted the blah brown trim green, and took the wood floor out of the chapel room and reinstalled in here. It's the PERFECT work room. :-)

1 comment:

EmileeAnn said...

Wow! I really like the lighthouse bathroom. That huge black-framed mirror on the red wall is very striking.