Thursday, February 24, 2011

Silly Computer

It doesn't know that it's 1:14am instead of 12:14am. Apparently I don't either.

I just thought I'd write a real quick update, though I haven't the time and certainly haven't the energy to write much...

We left Monday afternoon, drove, drove, drove some more... and finally got to Brierfield, Alabama, this afternoon. We had a wonderful time visiting with the Powells and they were so good as to show us the house and everything we will need to know, as well as walk us all over the property, to the tree house, down to the lake (my kids are in HEAVEN) and all kinds of stuff. Then they were so good as to help us totally trash their lovely home (I'm so embarrassed!) by filling it up with boxes and bins from the moving truck. Most things from the truck will go to a storage unit, but it seems like a whole lot of stuff got brought in here today! It was enough to wreck the house, anyway.

About the time we finished up with that it was time to get ready for the first night of Revival at our home church, Bessemer. I got all emotional about leaving friends out west again the other day, but even still it feels good to be where God has called us to be. We had a good service and Dad preached a wonderful message about God not taking us the easy way but the way which He knows is best for us, the history of the song "He Leadeth Me," David and Goliath, the Israelites crossing the Red Sea, and the Denver Broncos and The Drive against the Cleveland Browns in 1987. I don't know that anybody in Alabama knows who the Denver Broncos are, but I really enjoyed it anyway. ;-) I really was so blessed by the message and prayer time. We've had an exhausting few days or more and it felt so good to be in church and be refreshed and hear some good things from the Word of God.

After service we went to the Hopkins' house along with Mom & Dad. We all ate way too much (our pastor and wife are VERY hospitable--I love that!) and had a good time visiting with them and Sister Kristal while the kids played with Dalton and Madison, her children. We left there just after 11:00pm, drove the 50 minutes or so back to the Powell's house and I spent an hour or more trying to get control of the suitcases and clothes that were strewn all over our bedroom in our attempt to actually find everybody's dress clothes (and shoes and socks and belts and undershirts and...) when we were rushing to get ready for church tonight. I've found places for all of my clothes and James' (at least what was already up here in the room), I took the suitcases with the boy's clothes over to their room and have a basket of stuff sitting by the door to go downstairs in the morning. ~whew~ Feels good to at least have this room decent again. I have a terrible time sleeping in a messy room, so this was top priority. And now--instead of sleeping--I blog. How dumb is that?! But I'm done now. Just wanted to give and update for those who might be wondering where we are and what's going on.

Ah, yes! And I almost forgot the most important thing that I was going to update!

WE NOW HAVE A CONTRACT ON THE HOUSE!!! Wa-Hoo!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD! I am sooooo thankful! Of course, we all know that anything can happen and until it actually closes there's a chance that it could fall through. but we're trusting and praying that all of the inspections will go well and we will be able to close without a hitch--the week after Alabama Ladies' Retreat. ~sigh~ God is so good and I feel so blessed. And isn't it just like Him to give us a contract on the house before we even got to Alabama?! We were halfway here when Jason called to tell us. :-)

Okay, that's it. I am sooooooooo tired and we've got another long day tomorrow. I really will try to catch up one of these days. We look to have a pretty busy weekend ahead of us, so I don't know when it'll happen. Either way--we're HERE and we have a CONTRACT. And feeling so, so blessed. :-)

7 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

Welcome home!!!!
Yeah for the contract!
Yeah for being in Bessemer!!!

Your description of Bro. Smith's message is too funny. It sounded like God sent the fog for the Broncos just like he parted the red sea for the Hebrews. Hahaha! It's gonna be interesting reading your description of events we're both attending now.

Enjoyed my big hello hug from Katie girl!! Katie should know that I love her because I petted the poodle for her sake. Ha! :-p I haven't met the Riddlespurge or Cox puppies yet, so I haven't had my other Gleaners beg me to pet those yet. lol! (I'll sacrifice because I love them too. )

Sis. Becky, I cannot figure out how you get all folded up like that while praying. Amazing! I can't hardly kneel or get up from kneeling without help! (need to bring a pillow to kneel on at church I guess.) I thought you were a kid down there. : )

The Powell's land and neighborhood are fun aren't they. I haven't hiked down to the river because I didn't want to hike back up!

I'm glad ya'll are here. I didn't realize that it was the last time I would see Bro. & Sis. Powell last night. I thought I had a couple more Revival nights left. When I realized that was the last time, ~shhh~ don't tell~ When they left, they told me "See ya later" like I was going to see them next week! At least I held off crying until they got out the front door and not in front of them. All these people leaving is getting hard on me. But ya'll coming is cheering me up!!

Of course I could tell you all this in person now, but there are a lot of people wanting to talk to you at church and it's easier this way. Ha!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE JESUS~

EmileeAnn said...

So excited about the contract on your house in Sandia Park! God is good.

Glad you made it safely to Alabama too. :-)

Jessa Stephens said...

YAY!! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!

Sister Charity said...

Yay about the contract! Hope it goes through! Glad you guys made it to Alabama!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are here and we had a good time with you guys at mom and dad's house too. We hope to be able to spend more time with you guys once everything gets settled down some.

Kristal Cox

cokelady said...

Sister Tammy--For clarification, God didn't send the fog for the Broncos. The fog further complicated their endeavor. God sent encouragment on their own 2 yard line that spurred them on to victory. Ha!

We all appreciated your poodle petting sacrifice, knowing how painful it was for you. ;-)

As for my "prayer position," I'm not sure when it started but it was always really horrible to be pregnant and not able to get into position to pray! Ha! I think I'm way too easily distracted and need to shut out as many of my surroundings has possible.

I have no intention of ever walking down to the creek. It's way too straight-down for me. I wouldn't mind that, but the straight-up to come home would be horrible!

I can only imagine how much the Bessemer church is going to miss the Powells. I can't say that I even truly know them, but it's so obvious that they are SUCH a blessing in so many ways.

As for the rest of you, thank you all for the congratulations! We're praying that all goes well and we will soon have completed our move to Alabama. Keep praying! :-)

Sister Kristal, we enjoyed being with you guys too and look forward to many more good times together. Like you said--when things settle down. :-)