Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Stayed Up Way, Way Too Late Last Night

...and I've been feeling it off and on throughout the day today, but I'm still glad I did it. I was able to get the first devotion all put together for Ladies' Retreat. Wa-Hoo! I'm at a total loss as for what to do with the other three, but the first one just fell right into place complete with slides to show and songs to sing. That feels so good. :-)

In spite of my very late night, we had an early morning today. Had to get up and get my shower and make sure everything was looking perfect for the house showing. We worked extra hard to have everything show-worthy since we knew these people are seriously considering this place and would probably be combing over things pretty thoroughly. Jason showed up about 20 minutes early and I was so not ready! I put a curl in my bangs and threw a headband on and called it good. We visited with Jason for a few minutes then hit the road. The people were here looking at the house for about 45 minutes. Jason said they love it, they just need some time to think and talk things over. He's taking them to see two more houses on Monday, but he feels confident that in the end they'll still like this one the best. It's just a matter of whether they can/want to spend more money for a wonderful house (this one--ha!) or less money for a lesser house. If they're like us, they'll go for the cheaper house and fix it up. But it seems most people aren't like us. I hope they're nothing like us. ;-) We still haven't heard anything about the other lady who said she wanted to come see the house this weekend. She may or may not come check it out tomorrow.

Katie worked long and hard on school today and was finally able to get all caught up except for some projects and experiments that are overdue. We'll work on those next week. I don't have the heart to make her do school on Sunday. Actually I do, but I don't have the heart to make her to school on a Sunday when it's also her birthday!

That's right, tomorrow is Katie and Joe's birthday. (And Tammy Washburn's. Happy Birthday, Sister Tammy!!!) It seems SO CRAZY to me that I have a kid who is going to be 10 YEARS OLD. That's so not right. But I'll probably be feeling it a little more tomorrow, so I'll wait and write about it then.

The kids had requested a strawberry cake for their birthday again this year. We've done it several times. And every single time, the cakes fall in the middle!!! What am I doing wrong?! This time I got imaginative though. I sliced the top off of each cake, making them flat and smooth, if a little (okay, a whole lot) shorter than they're supposed to be. Then I took the parts that I had cut off, crumbled them up and mixed them with some frosting for the center layer of the cake. In the end, we have a short squatty cake but I still think it's better than a tall cake that's all dippy in the middle. ;-) Katie helped me decorate it with fresh strawberries. We went a little overboard. It looks GREAT. Since it's a birthday around here tomorrow maybe I'll actually get the camera out and take some pictures! Been a while since I've done that, it seems.

Hhmmm. That's it. Nothing else going on. Actually, it seems like there's something else, but I can't think of what it is. You lucky ducks. Have a great Sunday everybody!

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You're not the ONLY one who's staying up late these days. It's already past midnight and here I am, checking your blog "just in case." And eureka!!! There IS a new post! WA HOO!!!
It very encouraging to have "lookers" at your house. Let's hope they turn into "buyers."
I've had a very busy, productive day today but it has left me sore and achy. I'm SO GLAD I have a spa to go sit in tonight. Then I can really rest well and enjoy sleeping on fresh, clean sheets. I should take pictures of my accomplishments, too, but I'm too tired tonight. Since most of my accomplishments will be going to the Bake Sale at church tomorrow it's not likely to happen. Oh well. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Sister Tammy shares a birthday with Katie and Joe? That should be an easy one to remember! If you can, you should video Joe when he opens his present that you have assured him is NOT what he thinks it is (but it is). HA! Will he rub it in that he was right and you were wrong?

cokelady said...

I didn't think of it before, but do you want me to call you on Skype when they open their presents tomorrow? We'll be doing that tomorrow after church and lunch. Let me know. :-)

Vicki Smith said...

You're making them wait till after church??? Poor kids. ;-) Yeah, give me a call. We're having company over for dinner again this week, so I should be finishing up the dishes about that time.

Tammy Washburn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE AND JOE!!! WOO-HOO! And HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO SAM TOO!!

Tammy K. said...

Keep us posted on teh house. Happy birhday Katie and Joe.

Vicki Smith said...

:-(