Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Tie-Dye Shirts

...I mentioned in the last post are finished! They looked SOOOOOOO great when I first rinsed them this morning, but after the second and third wash they had faded significantly. Bummer! Mine especially was SO bright before washing--I loved it! Now it's got LOTS of white and the colors aren't nearly as vibrant as they should be. Oh well. I still love how the pattern turned out--and they were lots of fun to make. :-)




And here is the mantel James built today.



Nice and simple. :-) I actually really like it. It makes the fireplace itself stand out a whole lot more, and that may be a good thing. We took Grandmother's mantel down today and got it all wrapped up in plastic and ready to move (when the time comes), then hung this one. Now we're ready to sell, right?! ;-)

5 comments:

Tammy K. said...

Good job James.
The shirts have a cool pattern but they do need to be brighter. You just thought you went crazy with the dye.

Tammy Washburn said...

Groovy man, groovy. :)

Vicki Smith said...

The mantle is perfect!
Having lived during the original tie-dye era and knowing what/who wore them then, I just never got into it. I can appreciate the "artsy" side of it though.

cokelady said...

I'm too young to have actually known any heathenistic hippies, so for me the shirts just say BRIGHT and HAPPY. :-) And they were so much fun to make!

EmileeAnn said...

Fun shirts!! The tie-dye on colored shirts is fun...Abbie would love Katie's pink and purple shirt!

The mantle looks great too.