Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So Tired

... and can't figure out why! When we got home from The Big Trip we hit the ground running, getting unpacked and starting to sort the house for the "get rid of" stuff and making sure it was perfect for house showings (that haven't happened) and for the Open House on Saturday that was a total flop. After the Open House I sort of crashed. I went to bed early that night and slept in until nearly 8:00 the next morning. That's not the crazy part. The crazy part is that I took a two hour nap that afternoon 'cause I was so wiped out--and STILL felt tired when I got up! I've gotten decent sleep the two nights since then and have managed little naps in the afternoons, too, but I still just can't pull myself together. What is going on?! I've got to get over this!!!

Maybe it's just the limbo. I hate being in limbo. This place of knowing that we're GOING... but we can't really do anything to GO yet gets old real quick. I go back and forth from feeling like it's totally released to God and I have perfect peace that it's in His hands and will work out in His time, to feeling such urgency to get to Alabama, that we belong there and ought to be there (James has been Overseer there for a week now--freaky!), yet we're still here and don't even know how to make plans to get there until something happens with the house here and... Oh, it's just like everything is up in the air and we're not sure what to do about it! I feel like I ought to just REST in the Lord and have days when I really feel like I am. Then I have days where I feel like we need to push through in fervent prayer until we receive the answers we need (an offer on the house--or even just somebody wanting to come SEE it would be nice! Ha! Or direction to know how to plan if the house doesn't sell soon or SOMETHING) and like we can't just "rest"--it's our obligation to pray down some answers. I feel like I sort of swing back and forth between the two extremes and I'm having a hard time balancing them out, you know? I'm really TRYING to pray fervently for God to help us get where we belong, but not be pushy with it and impatient--I know He has a perfect plan in all of this. The patience thing always throws me. I don't think I'm very good at it. ;-)

And that's all from here. Ha! No, let's see what else is going on...

The Clarksons are still in Colorado right now. I think it's been about 10 days since Wilma had her stroke. It's been that long since she's had anything to eat or drink, but she's an amazingly strong woman and is still holding on! The Clarksons have had good opportunities to talk to several people, but I know they're anxious to get out of their own "limbo" situation. I know it must be emotionally exhausting for all of them. Do pray for all of them and, of course, for Wilma.

Sunday morning we had Sunday School and worship again, then James sort of preached an impromptu message because Brother Juan and his family weren't there. Brother Juan had been scheduled to preach in Brother Clarkson's absence, but the night before their little boy came down real sick and they still had him at the hospital. He's doing much better now, thank the Lord. Sunday night we just took up prayer requests and had a good season of prayer, then everybody shared a scripture that they had on their hearts. We sang several songs and enjoyed the worship time, as well. We sure miss our pastor and family when they're away, but God has been good to help us in our services without them.

Yesterday morning James took a bath and as he was getting out of the tub he noticed a centipede in the water. He immediately decided that it was time to bomb the house again. Ha! So the kids got all their school work done while James sprayed the entire perimeter of the house inside and out with bug stuff. Then he ran to the hardware store and bought three bug bombs, came home and loaded up the family and set the bombs off, then we headed out to Moriarty. We ate lunch at that Mexican restaurant that we ate at before Camp last year--you know, Jamey, the one we waited at FOREVER on our way to Mountainaire?! Ha! It was actually pretty good--and even pretty quick. :-) We stopped by Wal-Mart in Edgewood for a few necessities and then headed home. Called a Quite Time (I love those) and the kids sat down with books while James and I took a nap. :-)

I cooked fried chicken for dinner last night, Sister Bishop style. It turned out really good for my first time, I thought! James loved it, but we were too full from lunch to really eat much. Still, it made Joe very happy. :-)

Today has been another day of school, and then the weekly trip to the library. Came home with a new truckload of books, making for a nice, quiet afternoon around here. Sam is having some pretty unfun allergic reactions to something outside right now (me, too) and his eyes are all puffy and swollen and he just can't stop sneezing. I had him go soak in a bubble bath a little while ago and he seems to be doing lots better now. If only we can keep him inside for the rest of the night...

Hhmmm... There's really nothing else to say! I hate blogging about nothing. I should at least have some pictures to post. I'll have to work on that, but for now this is all I've got. :-)

9 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

The centipedes have been really bad in Alabama this year. We have had the pest control people out 3 times and Mike has sprayed himself 2 times. Yuck! The pest control people say that EVERYBODY has them! Thankfully they are just irritating and don't bite or anything else bad. (I think anyway!)

I think you are coping a lot better than most people in your situation. I don't think patience in limbo is a trait anybody masters. Hang in there!

Vicki Smith said...

Blogging about nothing is a lot better than NOTHING. ;-) It's nice to hear about your "nothing."
Across the page from where I'm typing right now is the picture of your "bad kids." My goodness, it's AMAZING how much they've grown since then! Just look! They look so little.
I'm praying God will direct you guys in His perfect will. Keep your ear tuned in to His voice.
Love you lots!

Tammy K. said...

Patience is a virtue. I will pray for you guys.
While your in a limbo with not much to do take a trip over here to see ME!!! HA!!!!

marshasblog said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you guys! I have felt in limbo for over a year now...I feel so relieved to know where I am actually going to be living. God has a plan, just hang in there...easier said than done, I know...

cokelady said...

Joe was glad to hear that there will be centipedes in Alabama, too, Sister Tammy. ~sigh~ Weird kid.

Mom, you can tell it's a REALLY boring post when you're distracted by a picture that's been on the side of the page for a year or two and THAT'S what you have to comment about. Ha! I love that picture. I was just looking at it a few days ago--you're right, the kids have grown SO much since then.

Tammy, you know the hitch is not with me--I'd come visit tomorrow if I could! :-) Maybe it will work out yet...

Sister Marsha, thank you so much for the prayers. We appreciate them MORE THAN YOU KNOW! I know we're not the only people going through the whole "limbo" thing and it's tough on everybody. Actually, as I typed that I thought--for the very first time--about the word LIMBO an had to laugh. James is really good at the Limbo--just ask Jamey Hays! Ha! Anyway, God will see us all through, I'm sure. Until then it's nice to have kind thoughts and support and PRAYERS coming from all directions. Love you guys!

Tammy Washburn said...

Hopefully, the cooler weather will be getting rid of them. But this summer, Joe would have been in centipede heaven!

Dear Lord:

We need the Horne family
to sell their home
for they are living in LIMBO.
L-I-M-B-O
L-I-M-B-O
L-I-M-B-O
To Alabama they wanna go, oh!

Ha!

cokelady said...

Ha! Thanks for the song, Sister Tammy. Am I supposed to say "amen" or "yee-haw"???

Tammy Washburn said...

Either one will do. :)

Marcia Brooks said...

You pray for my limbo and I'll pray for yours and we will all get finished with this dance together. I don't know why I thought that was funny but there it is. I know you are praying for us and you know we are praying for you. :)