Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Morning Blog?!

I never blog in the morning. Weird. But here I go. :-)

Sunday was a good day, though I don’t remember much about it. James and I stayed up wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-ay too late Saturday night (he and the boys made it home from Pennsylvania at about 10:30) and I was sooooooo tired. After morning service we came home, scrounged around the kitchen and found things to eat for lunch, and then headed straight for a much needed Sunday afternoon nap… and slept all afternoon! It was a grand and glorious thing. ~Aaaahhh~

Even after the Sunday afternoon nap, Monday morning came way, way too soon. I had to drag myself out of bed. And somehow all of the motivation I had been sailing with the previous week had completely left me. I had devotions with the kids and got them going on school (they’re trying to finish up the last leg of this year’s computer curriculum), then forced myself to go upstairs and work on wallpaper. It was about 5:00 that night before I finished up in Katie’s room. I don’t know if it took so long because of my total lack of motivation, because I was moving in super slow gear, or because I was having to work with paper that was not pre-pasted and required extra work. In any case, I had hoped to accomplish more, but by the end of the day I was just so glad that I’d been able to accomplish ANYthing!

I got cleaned up and the whole fam loaded up for a trip to Wal-Mart for some necessary supplies: paint to finish Joe’s room, a new roller to paint Katie’s room (below the wallpaper), and craft paper to finish Sam’s room. Then we grabbed some dinner before stopping at the Ridlespurges’ house to check out their recent remodeling project. Their den is looking great. Fresh and clean and so non-cluttered! (It used to be a schoolroom… we all know how cluttery they can get!) And I LOVE the couch they picked out. If the 20+ year old couch in my living room ever gets replaced (I still love it and it only squeeks slightly at this point, so we’re good!) I could easily see myself ending up with that very couch. It’s plaid. :-)

When we got home from visiting them sometime just after 9:00 I was sooooo ready for bed! We took care of a few things, had devotions, and I think I was in bed right around 10:00. ~Aaaaaahhh~ I really needed that! I worked so hard last week. I need to do the same this week. The two weeks following that won’t be filled with remodeling work, but will be anything but restful, I’m sure! :-) In fact, as I was thinking about how our schedule is piling up and all of the house stuff to be completed in between events I found myself thinking yesterday, “I can’t wait until after the Assembly!” Seems like there probably won’t be much chance to take a breather until then. But, Lord willing (!), we’ll be done with the house by then (at least the big stuff ;-), right?!) and able to sip some hot cider and put a puzzle together and ENJOY living in my very own house again. In the fall. I love fall. It means winter is coming. :-)

In the meantime, there are lots of places to go and much to be done on the house when we're not on the go. I’m going to do my very best to enjoy it all. I’m so glad I’m doing FUN remodeling stuff instead of scraping and sanding for days on end. It’s fun to work all day and then look and see colors and patterns and a room that is one step closer to being clean and finished. :-) Speaking of which, I hope to make some serious progress upstairs today and maybe even finish Katie's room (minus trim)--wouldn't THAT be exciting?!

7 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

After the Assembly, you have Ladies Retreat in October...and then Ministers Covention...and then Thanksgiving...and then Christmas. LOL!
Just thot I'd cheer you up. :-)(I'm a secretary...my job is to keep the boss on track!)

cokelady said...

Thanks a LOT!

Ha! I already thought of Ladies' Retreat and Ministers Convention, but hopefully it won't be mixed with remodeling a house--and that will make ALL of life seem much less complicated. I hope. ;-)

And Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of the things that I most look forward to now that we will be SETTLED. Lord willing, of course. He could always pull a fast one on us and have us appointed to Minnesota or something this year. Hahahahahahaha! (Surely not!!!)

Tammy Washburn said...

Okay, Minnesota is just not funny. ~humph~ ;-)

Vicki Smith said...

Now that's just NOT RIGHT. I'm almost always the first one to comment on your new posts. I never saw it until just now. You duped me with a morning blog. ;-)
I'm so happy to hear you got all the wallpaper up in Katie's room, and I'll be anxious to hear if you got the lower part of the walls painted with your "special" color. :-D It would be SO GREAT if Katie could go ahead and move in! But I know you need to wait until the carpet is installed. Hurry up and finish the other rooms so that can happen. :-) What do you have left to do in the guest room? Isn't it done? Has James done anything upstairs?
I used to think like you and think "If I can just make it to the Assembly, then things will slowe down after that." HAHAHAHAHA! What a joke! I'm with Sister Tammy. It doesn't happen. I gave up that delusion several years ago. Now I just try to keep moving and not overextend myself if at all possible. I just stay busy at a steady pace pretty much all year long, hopefully for the rest of my life, health permitting.

cokelady said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies. "Your life will ALWAYS be chaos... you will NEVER be able to slow down and enjoy things... the madness will only intensify as you get older... you're an idiot for even thinking post-Assembly will bring relief..." A real ray of shineshine, the two of you. ;-)

I only meant that I looked forward to enduring my chaotic life WITHOUT big house-remodel chores involved. Can't I at least look forward to THAT?! (I know, I know--when I FINISH this massive house I'll have to start CLEANING it. And it just occurred to me... we still have to paint outside this fall. ~Bleagh~ I'm calling in sick on that one!!!)

Just so you know, Mom, I almost had a heart attack SEVERAL times while painting THAT color in Katie's room today!!! I can't believe I did that to WALLS. It's insane!!! But... it's going to be SO COOL. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

LOL!

Black?

Vicki Smith said...

I want PICTURES of the "special color" in Katie's room! Well, not just the color . . . how it looks in conjunction with the wallpaper and the happy red wall. :-)