Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's Saturday

Isn't that reason enough to neglect the numerous things that I really ought to be doing for the sake of blogging???

Ehhh...

Su-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-ure!

Besides that, I just fell down the stairs (slick wood stairs + big, fuzzy socks + a mom who mocks her clumsy daughter mercilessly and therefore had it coming = pretty good crash) and just feel like I ought to stay still for a while. Ha! I was hurting pretty good in numerous locations for a few minutes, but managed to walk around until the pain subsided and I feel fine now. No pain at all. Is it the mercy of God??? Or am I just not going to realize the true condition of my body until I try to get out of this chair in a little while? Ha!

I'd give you an update on the house, but there have been soooooooo many twists and turns and there's no way I could remember them all. Things are not looking favorable, but we're not quite at the end of the road yet. Actually, we might be at the end of one road, but we thought we'd try one more road just to be sure. It may be a very short road though. ;-) After my teary little crash on inspection day I have felt greater and greater peace about the situation each day. I would not be at all surprised if God keeps on doing amazing things and causes this deal to go through in spite of all the craziness (and I would LOVE it if He does!), but I feel totally at rest with the thought of things going the other direction too--like it looks like they are. This has been a different kind of experience for me. I think I mentioned that I'm a very wimpy pray-er, didn't I? I have such a hard time praying for anything specific because I always feel unsure of what God's will is and I certainly don't want to pray anything that goes against His plan! So I end up praying and just asking God for His will to be done in a thousand situations and very seldom praying in one certain direction--unless it's for the salvation of souls or a no-brainer like that. (We KNOW that's His will!) But for whatever reason, I felt inclined to pray specifically about this house; to ask Him for this one. And I'm sooooo glad I've been praying that way! If He does choose to give it to us I will be beyond ecstatic--both for the house and for the answer to specific prayers. And if He chooses not to give it to us, I already have such a gratefulness in my heart over it and I feel almost like I love Him more because of His right to say no! I love it that prayer isn't about us convincing God to do what we want. It's about going to Him with our every care, placing them in His hands, asking for our needs and desires, and then trusting that He knows best and loves us enough to do what's best. If He says no to something, what joyfulness should fill our hearts because we know that He loves us, He wants what's best for us, and He is abundantly able to do anything, yet He chose to do something different than what we would have chosen. That just shouts "the love of God" to me in a thousand ways! Because of praying specifically this time I feel like I'm experiencing a nearness to God and a love and appreciation for Him like I haven't in the past--and it doesn't even matter if He says yes or no. :-)

Hhmmm. I was going to start posting stuff from The Big Trip, but it looks like I'm out of time. I've been working on stuff for Ministers' Convention next weekend, specifically getting all of the ministers reports up to date in the system and creating spreadsheets for each one of them (both for last year and a separate sheet for the past three months) and--the biggie--putting together a planning guide. Do you know how many ministers there are in Alabama??? Way, way too many! HA! No, I'm thankful for each one of them. :-) But collecting contact information for every one of them along with all of the auxiliary leaders and clerks and whoever else is a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong process. It's been moving along more quickly than I expected thanks to being able to contact over half of them through e-mail and Facebook. But now I've got to start the phone calls. Dozens and dozens of phone calls. Which brings us to the reason I'm out of time to blog.

James just loaded up the kids to take them away for a day on the town so that I'll have the house all to myself, noise free, to make all of those calls. That means I'll feel guilty if I sit and blog instead of work on the Planning Guide... or pop some popcorn and watch a girl movie... or go walk with Charlie since it's such a nice, pleasant fall day out there... or put a puzzle together... or any of the other enjoyable things I can think to do right now. ;-) ~sigh~ Back to work.

And truthfully, I love this job. I never get to format anything anymore, so I'm having tons of fun with the Planning Guide. :-)

3 comments:

Melissa H said...

Great post. Thanks for sharring. I needed to read that. We can pray for things we need/want. And if He says NO, we know that HE has a better way for us. And we can rest in that way. Even if it's bummpy way ;-) Thanks again!
Our family moves into the Best Western today! I'm just SO thankful we are under ONE roof :) Love you
Melissa

Vicki Smith said...

That paragraph about trusting God to do what's best for you because He LOVES YOU SO MUCH reminded me of the Elsie books--that's what I took away from reading that series. I was so impressed with her love and devotion to her father and her undying faith that he loved her so much he would ALWAYS do what was best for HER, whether she understood the ins and outs, or not. It really changed how I regarded my heavenly Father and built my trust and confidence in Him. It's the right outlook to have. --God's always right on time. He'll give you the perfect answer/solution when it's HIS time. How exciting to wait and see what it is!!! :-)
Fuzzy socks on slipper stairs? Not wise. So, did you roll all the way out the door, across the porch and out into the yard? That's the way I'm going to tell it! :-)

Jamey said...

Great post! I always enjoy reading your post. I am still praying to that God will give you guys the right house at the right time. I wish I was there to enjoy a girlie movie and popcorn with ya :)