Friday, August 12, 2011

The Monstrosity

Jessa wanted to see pictures after reading the post below. Or the one below that??? I've been a busy blogger, finally. I decided it would be good to post a few just for posterity anyway. :-)

It's really so much better if you imagine the wacky organ music from The Ghost and Mr. Chicken as you view. HA! This is the view from the bottom of the driveway.

And from the front...
Since I mentioned the two most interesting eye sores, here is the foyer of pheasants...
And the hall of mirrors (dining room)...
This room is anything but an eye sore. Can you see James? I think he's holding his heart while envisioning his dream office and Church History Museum. HA!
So there you have it, a glimpse of the Monstrosity.

We appreciate your prayers. God knows best and we trust His decision concerning this house as any other. I sometimes wonder if "we have not, because we ask not" (thank you, Melissa) and if we're scared to ask God for big or difficult things because we would feel let down if He says no, or because we feel it would be presumptuous. I want to live and walk in faith and ask of Him as if I'm asking a favor of a very rich king who can afford to grant our petitions without his storehouse being depleted in the least, regardless of how "big" they seem to us. And of course, we will love and trust Him just the same if He chooses to answer us with a "no." But I wanna give Him a chance to say yes first instead of just not asking for a miracle at all... just in case, you know. ;-)

4 comments:

Jessa Stephens said...

YAY!! I stopped by again just in case!! ;-)

I LOVE it!!!! It's even nicer then I imagined! It's the picturesque southern home!! Inside, you could make it look SOOOO WONDER-FUL!!

What a good lesson. Many times we put things in the impossible category. Not even allowing God to work a miracle in our lifes.


I'll remember you all and THIS HOUSE in my prayers!! LOL!! I hope it's what God wants!! :-D It really does seem perfect for your family AND the church work!

Vicki Smith said...

I think the foyer would be a fun and easy-enough fix. The mirrors can be removed. The problem I see with "Jim's Church History Museum" is the bookcases and large window are taking up a lot of wall space. Where will he HANG all his stuff? On the vaulted ceiling? Oh, please no! He's a much, much, MUCH better decorator now than he was 12 years ago, but he still has a tendency to overdo. It would be fun to transform that LARGE home one room at a time. I'll help you if you'll help me, okay? Actually, I've helped you with several home decor projects already so you owe me. Will you come when I start ripping out the tile in my kitchen and laying the new??? :-D

cokelady said...

Jessa, thank you for the prayers. And it's really not creepy at all in the daylight. Though James declares it looks IDENTICAL to a funeral home in the little town where he grew up. Ha! I really would be so fun to decorate and make it feel nice and homey. :-)

Mom, I will gladly come help out with your kitchen stuff! I've been ready for you to re-do that kitchen for years. HA! You'll feel so good when you finally have red cabinets again. :-) As for the Church History Museum, there is one long wall opposite the window on which James could hang lots of stuff. And the bookshelves are moveable. Even James doesn't have enough books to fill that wall and the one at the far end (I hope!) so maybe some shelves could be removed, creating some extra hanging space. You know as well as I do that he'll not let a square inch to go waste. ;-)

Melissa H said...

Praise God! Reading that blessed me. I am praying and trusting God with you :)