Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ah, Yes!

I somehow failed to include the all important part of our trip here (last Tuesday???) when Jason called and said that the people DID agree to our counter-offer and have signed the contract! WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON OUR HOUSE!!! Wa-Hoo!!!!! Before we could even get to Alabama we got the phone call that we have a deal on the house. ~sigh~ God is so amazing. :-) I just love serving Him--it's so much more exciting than doing things without Him!

The septic inspection has already been updated and I think something else has already taken place. The home inspection and appraisal are both supposed to take place this Saturday. We're trusting and praying that all will go well with those. If everything goes through the way we're hoping, our closing date is set to be March 28th. Alabama Ladies' Retreat ends on the 21st. James will pick me up from Retreat and we'll leave from there to head back to New Mexico, then we'll have one week to pack up everything and have the house all nice and sparkly clean, get the next (and final) moving truck loaded up, and head back to Alabama on Tuesday. For good. :-) Of course, we'll probably be seeing some western friends during that time and the creeps will break our hearts all over again and have us all sad and weepy over leaving (they're really good at that), but right now I feel nothing but excitement and thankfulness. It feels so good to be completing this move God has called us to make. What a relief. :-)

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

It's me . . . and I've read every last word of every post. ~whew!~ But I enjoyed reading about it, even though I already knew most of it.
I'm stiff and achy too, but not because I'm sick. Mine is from painting and wallpapering. I'm pretty sure the bathroom will not be DONE, but it will be so much nicer and cleaner feeling than ever before; even in spite of the "blast from the past" 1980's wallpaper pattern. I keep thinking I've seen wallpaper very much like this before. I was really nervous the first few strips, but when your Dad hung the new lights this evening all of a sudden I REALLY like it. The lights compliment the wallpaper just perfect! Dad's going to install the new faucets in the morning, so we will have a usable bathroom even if we don't get the new medicine-less cabinets hung. ;-) And even if I don't get the rest of the wallpaper hung and the doors put back on the cabinets. Well, there you have it--my own personal blog masquerading as a comment on yours.

Tammy Washburn said...

I just typed a very long comment and then blogger lost it!!!! Well, I will just have to tell you in person when I see you! Ha!

Tammy K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy K. said...

Are the western friends your seeing Sam and I ??? :-)I hope you get to stop by sometime, somehow. Please James.
Long posts....I did read most of it. Sounds like you have been busy. Welcome to AL. Ticks and all. Life will never be the same. I HATE ticks. Have fun with that. But great neighbors that is nice. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Have fun with your parents.

Rebekah Doran said...

That is such wonderful news! It is great knowing that God is closing this area in your lives for you so you can live in AL without the hassle of a home in NM. Praise the Lord!

Vicki Smith said...

psssssst!!! It's been a week.