Monday, January 24, 2011

Recuperating

...from my horrible non-blogging rut. I'm trying to better, really I am... it's just that I can't think of a single thing of interest to talk about!

I'm trying REAL HARD to remember anything at all about Saturday. Oh! I know. I worked on Ladies' Retreat stuff, Alabama minister's stuff, and my address book all day long. I typed up a directory, of sorts, that will be easily accessible for both James and myself (it's probably teeming with mistakes--I'm horrible at typing in addresses) and got my entire address book typed into a directory in my computer, at long last. I've been meaning to do that for ages.

Yesterday was a good day. Brother Chris preached another great message and I really felt the Lord speak to my heart. Love that. :-) After service we went to KFC and came away with the determination to never again walk through their door. We like KFC, but this one is horrible. There was one other guy in there, but it took them FOREVER to get our food to us. When they finally did, the lady told me it would take a few more minutes for them to get Joe's "snack size bowl" out. I didn't have very high expectations because it had taken so long to get everybody else's food in the first place, but she assured us: "Two minutes to cook the chicken and one more minute to bring it out to us." When we had all finished our food 10 or 15 minutes later, I went back up to the counter and had to holler to get somebody's attention, and asked for a refund. In the end, she refunded us for the bowl and then actually went to the back and made it up real quick and gave it to us for free, but still--I'm done there. I'm glad they made it right, but the service there is always awful so why go through it again? Joe was delighted to actually get his lunch and happily horked it down in the van on the way home. Oh yeah--we noticed later that James' KFC cup actually said KGC on one side of it! HA! Something is definitely wrong here!!!

Can't remember much about the day yesterday except that I played a game of Sorry! with the kids. Then Sister Galaviz taught a really good CPMA lesson on holiness last night. Even though we'd already gone out to eat for lunch, we did it again after service last night! We haven't gone out with the Clarksons in a while and they were up for it, so we went to the Crusty Chili. That's always memorable :-)

Today has been a long and busy day, but I'm thrilled to say that I came, I saw, I conquered. We had a double-day devotion (we fell behind on Saturday), I helped the kids with lots of their schoolwork, we got the Ladies' Retreat applications printed, cut, packed up and mailed (thanks to James' help), the bathrooms got a thorough cleaning, all of the floors were swept, vacuumed, mopped--whatever, all of the laundry AND ironing got done (be still, my heart!), the dog got bathed, blow-dried and brushed, and I reworked some left-overs and made a nice dinner tonight--all that and I received two phone calls today that took more than just a few minutes (talking to good friends is a privilege, not a hindrance... Just to be clear in case they read this--ha!) and a too-short phone call to my Mom. Wa-Hoo! Tomorrow would be a GREAT day for a house showing. :-)

Hopefully I can get some other things accomplished this week since I have the house well under control at the moment. I've really got to settle on staff for Ladies' Retreat and start asking people! I already found a semi-willing volunteer (ha!) to help out with receiving the applications and who-knows-what-all she'll be doing for me before it's over with. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! ;-) I've had a real struggle getting any DEFINITE direction about who to ask to teach and to TAPs and all that stuff. I have lots of ideas, but I'm having a hard time getting one of those light-streaming-from-heaven-and-choir-singing-in-the-background sort of confirmations, you know?! I don't want to just go with my ideas, I want to find what God has for us. If you have any prayers to spare, you could apply them to that end. :-)

Hhmmm. Guess that's it. Just checked the camera. ~sigh~ Sorry, Mom. Nothing but the dog again.

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I'm sure the "KGC" will miss your business.
Thanks for a new post.
Charlie's still cute.

EmileeAnn said...

Wow! You are on a roll, Becki.

Ladies' retreat time is one of my favorite times of the year...except for the whole picking-the-staff part. That's always the hardest part, even when you KNOW who you could use. :-) I've been praying for you.

Tammy Washburn said...

I'm willing. I just like to spread the joy around to some sisters who may be sitting on the sidelines who secretly desires to be involved. :-) I still have a list. hahhahhaha!

Tammy K. said...

That KFC can't bw worse than the one we had in Andrews? can it? If so, I don't think I would be back EVER!!
Good job on all the Ladies Retreat stuff.Glad some of that is behind you.