Monday, January 31, 2011

Home Alone, Day Four

Don't get your hopes up. Nothing exciting or amusing took place around here today that I can think of. It was a typical Monday: cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, laundry... No ironing, however. I burnt out before I got that far, but it feels great to have the rest done.

It snowed here today! So pretty. I think we got about 3 inches. Enough to make it beautiful outside, but not enough to cause any real problems. I'll have to check it out and make sure the roads are okay before we head to the library tomorrow. I really don't want to be stuck while James AND Brother Chris are out of town. I have absolutely nobody else to call for help! The nearest people would be the Hays family, 6 hours away. Hey, on second thought... ;-)

Hhmmm. I really and truly don't have anything to blog today. The kids did school... Sam mopped the tile for me while I cleaned bathrooms... ~sigh~ Wow. How pitiful.

Oh, I did call and talk to Brother Strong this morning--that was enjoyable. :-) I called and explained to him (since he is in charge of the Sunday School Literature Review Committee) that I had received a packet of literature to proofread a couple of weeks ago and this morning I set it out so I could start going through it tonight... and that's when I noticed that it was due tomorrow. I apologized and asked if he still needed me to proof it or if I was too late. He said that something came up, pushing the deadline for that material back and there was really no rush on it--if I could get it back to him by the end of February it would be fine. I said, "Oh, Brother Strong--don't tell me that! You don't understand. If you tell me that I'll be calling you at the end of the month for the very same reason I'm calling you today! I work much better under pressure; please tell me you need it this week!" He laughed that funny little giggle of his (I love it--it cracks me up! I could even see his shoulders doing that up-and-down thing--ha!) and asked if I could please get it to him by the 20th, then. :-) I'll see if I can manage that.

It's actually what I'm supposed to be working on right now. ~sigh~ I always enjoy it once I get into it, but it's one of those things that I just have a hard time getting started on. But since I have absolutely nothing else to blog about, I guess I'll bite the bullet and get started. Wouldn't it be miraculous if I stayed up and just did the whole thing tonight and could actually mail it tomorrow--the original deadline?! Nah... not gonna happen. ;-)

4 comments:

Jamey said...

I think you should venture out tomorrow and if you get stranded how lucky for us!!!

cokelady said...

Good plan. I'll plan on getting stuck about about noon tomorrow. You can be here by then, right? I'll have hot chocolate and lots of snacks ready because I'm sure you'll be able to help me get UNstuck, but get your own van stuck in the process. Probably for at least two or three days. Bring snow clothes for the kids to play in! :-)

Vicki Smith said...

Hmmmmm. A "scheduled calamity." ??? Whatever works.
So, how far did you get on your proofreading? Were you a really good girl?

Tammy Washburn said...

God must really be pouring snow blessings on you before you have to leave!