Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just a Short One

Because I refuse to take the time to TRULY blog while I'm at my parent's house. :-)

I sooooo enjoyed the Assembly. It was so great to see everybody and I was so blessed by... oh, so many things! God is working and moving in The Church of God and it is exciting to be a part of it all. I was thrilled with the quality of the media this year. The pictures that Jenna took and edited for "ads" on the big screens were SO COOL. James even got Amy Jernigan's autograph after her picture appeared! Ha! I can't wait to get the DVD's of the Assembly. I don't know why I'm built this way, but I always get so much more out of messages the second time around. Particularly if I'm cleaning the house or stitching or something while I'm listening to them. They just seem to sink in and stick with me better that way!

It was GREAT to have Emilee at the Assembly this year! And it's strange... I get so excited about seeing all of the church folks from all over the place and we stand around and visit with them, but when it's time to go out and eat we always seem to end up with the people from our own region! We spent lots of time with our NEW VLB COORDINATOR and family (I'm so excited about that appointment, but I feel sooooo sorry for Sister Jamey! Ha!) and we went out with a great big crowd after the last session on Sunday. That was great, too.

That night Sam was feeling rather sick and feverish. We prayed for him and put him to bed, but he had a terrible time sleeping (consequently, me too!) and woke up crying and just burning up several times. We kept the prayers going up all throughout the night and when he woke up yesterday he was fine, just a little tired. We were all pretty wiped out yesterday and pretty much just hung out and relaxed. Of course, Dad and James were at meetings and didn't get home until sometime in the afternoon.

Today Katie woke up not feeling well. She had some juice, got dressed, then promptly went back to bed! She had a headache and fever and slept most of the morning. After lunch (which she skipped), we set up the card table and opened the new puzzle James bought me in Pennsylvania. :-) We brought Katie downstairs so she could watch The Sound of Music with us while Mom and I worked on the puzzle and the boys watched or played. It's been rainy today, so the boys haven't been outside much. Katie was pretty hot a few hours ago and has thrown up two times today, but about an hour ago she woke up feeling (and I must say LOOKING) a lot better. Praise the Lord! He is good to take care of us.

Brother Grant brought over some salmon yesterday, so we'll be having fish for dinner tonight. Yum! That's something I never get to enjoy. I don't like restaurant fish, just trout straight from the stream cooked up Grandmother-style, or Alaskan salmon cooked by the right individuals. (Mom's one of 'em who can do it right!) We were going to meet Dad for lunch today, but Katie wasn't feeling up to it. I'm so glad she's feeling better now. It's terrible to have to spend the day sick in bed while you're at Granddad's house!

That's it for now. I'd add pictures, but that would require me going and finding my camera. I have no idea what pictures I have. I took hardly any at the Assembly itself because I saw photographers far superior to me with cameras far superior to mine running all over the place getting pictures that I would never be able to get. So we just waited until the end and James made arrangements to get copies of all of those pictures instead. A grand and glorious plan. :-) I can't wait to see them all!

Not sure what our plans are now. Probably another day or two here, then we'll be headed out West where we belong. It will be sad to leave, but great to be back home after the big trip. I miss our church folks there and am anxious to see what God has in store for us this coming year! You probably won't hear from me again before we leave Tennessee (I can pretty well guarantee it!), so until next time... :-)

10 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

Well, if I knew you needed someone NEW to eat with! We make it a point NOT to eat with people from our region since we see them every week.

We eat out with people we only see once a year...which also includes my parent's, TN relatives and sister & her husband and some VA people.

We always try to add new people each year. (Last year was the Adam's...whom we missed this year.)

BUT...we were sadly constrained this year. We spent a lot of free time during the breaks working on our parts on program...so we were only really free after Friday night!

I figured ya'll were spending all your time with your mom. Maybe next year. :)

Jessa Stephens said...

It was a great Assembly!!


MMMMMMM salmon!!!!!!!! Yum YUM!!

The Middle J said...

not implying anything by asking but I need your mailing address :P

When Sis Amy told me about the autograph I had to laugh-what people dont know is that those slides/ads excited me just as much as everyone else. I had no clue what they would chose so the element of surprise was so fun :-)

cokelady said...

Sister Tammy -- I guess I should make up a meal schedule before we ever get to the Assembly next year, prearranged with what NEW people we'll go out with during each break! Ha!

Jessa -- So good to see you at the Assembly! It seems lame to say "you two look so happy," even though it's true. I'll say that you guys look so natural together, like you just FIT and have been with each other for ages! :-) Oh... and the salmon last night was great!

Jenna -- I e-mailed you last night with my address. I LOVED the picture of Amy, but never got to discuss it's glory with her. ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Well...we kinda of make a list. ;) ;)

So this is what you do....Get together with someone from your Region and then invite someone NEW!

That way, us new people can not only get to know you...but someone from your Region.

Now...THAT makes sense doesn't it?

...and I can corrupt your cute little bandit(s) some more by sneaking them some more change. :p

Jessa Stephens said...

Awww thanks Becki. We are VERY, VERY happy! It's very natural and easy to be with him. It seems wierd to think that we haven't even been together a full year yet. It's like we have no each for forever. =)

It was so great seeing you as well! Maybe some day we'll be able to sit and visit. =)

I'm glad you enjoyed the salmon!! That was nice of Bro. Grant. Since I have read your post, I have now been craving it!!! =)

Jared Nolen said...

yay.. you posted a blog!

Sister Charity said...

Sorry the kids are sick. It wasn't my fault! It sounds like they have something different from what all of us Baldwins and Coxs ended up with. So thats a relief... I'd hate to think I'd made any kids get sick... And we are the Virginia people from Sister Tammy's comment.. that was randomly thrown in there... I agree about enjoying the messages more after getting the dvds probably because I always end up so busy during the Assembly itself maybe next year I'll be able to sit back and enjoy it more...

Rebekah Doran said...

My computer was being very slow to load your page, so I started commenting on your other post before the page was fully loaded. Now it is loaded, I see you did do something with the picture of Sam and your Dad. :) I really like that one.

Sorry to hear that you and your kids weren't feeling to well. Glad that it didn't seem to last too long though.

So how does your mom fix salmon? Does she just bake them or does she make something like salmon loaf? Your mom's a good cook anyway though, I'm sure whatever she does with salmon, it is delicious!

Tammy Washburn said...

Sister Charity said...
....And we are the Virginia people from Sister Tammy's comment.. that was randomly thrown in there...


Sis. Tammy said:
hahahahahhahahaha! You are hilarious. I didn't know if Sis. Rebekah knew ya'll or not. There are too many of you to name!!! But then, I didn't name those "TN Relatives" either! Ha! (Chance's & McGriff's). We always like to eat with those "VA people"! :)