Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm Soooooooo Sorry!!!

I have intended--I mean REALLY INTENDED--to blog for days and days and days and days. I just can't seem to pull it off! Things are bonkers busy right now and I just can't seem to get caught up. And I have NO business being on the computer right now. We've got staff meeting in about two hours, then it's off to Family Camp--for which I am still not packed, not to mention the condition of my house. And with all of the crazy businesses we've been working through, I have spent exactly ONE DAY upstairs working on the house. :-/ That is not according to schedule! There is sooooo much to do and we're sooooo running out of time! Right now we're just trying to keep our heads above water. I'm really, really trying to keep priorities straight (God first, then family--though I must admit they get neglected on occasion!--then all of the other things, things, things), trusting... no, KNOWING that God will help everything to fall into place at the right time. Still, I can't help but feel the rush of adrenaline most days when I look at the to-do list!

Anyway, I'm really just here to apologize for not being here the past three weeks and to apologize in advance for not being here for the rest of this week--at least. Maybe beyond. We get back from Camp Sunday, I've got VLB service on Tuesday, then we've got two and a half weeks until State Convention. James will need help with a few things for that, but the BIGGEST thing (as far as my responsibility) is our hope of having the upstairs finished (enough), carpet laid, and beds and dressers moved in (at least) so we can provide housing for some church folks over the weekend. There are also some computerish-type responsibilities that HAVE to be completed before Convention. (Don't worry, Mr. BLT -- I haven't forgotten! I plan to be a remodeler by day and a graphic designer by night. We'll see how that goes.) Life is super crazy right now, but it's a good crazy. And I know we're not the only ones in the world who are drowning in responsibilities. It's that time of the year and there are a whole lot of people feeling the Camp-Convention-Assembly+other things in life crunch. God will help us all! And in the midst of it, we're looking forward to and expecting a FANTASTIC Camp this week (as of last night I'm officially EXCITED!), followed by a glorious Convention, IYC, and General Assembly. Busy or not, I love this time of the year!!! Except the weather. I could really do without the weather right now. I'm going to go spend a week out IN it, then retreat to my house and try real hard not to leave air conditioning at all for at least three weeks. :-)

Please pray for God to bless our Camp, our directors, deans and other staff--and especially our evangelist, Amy Anders--as well as all of the campers. We plan on having a fabulous time and we are expecting great things from God there!

I'll be back.

Someday...

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Surprise!!! I wasn't expecting a new post, I just came here to check your blogroll and see if anybody else posted. :-) It's nice to at least get an apology, if nothing else.
I'm sure I won't be hearing from you for several days unless, of course, you do like last year. I hear NOTHING from you until close to the end of camp and you call to say, "Mom, I think I did something really bad and I need some advice." HAHAHAHA! Oh, SURE! You ignore me until you get yourself in trouble! :-) --Have a great Camp. I'll be praying for you, and I'll definitely be praying for my little Amy. I know you'll all be blessed.

Tammy Washburn said...

Can't wait to hear about the prank you pull this year. However, it will be better appreciated if it involved water balloons in this 106 degree heat!

I think I will go lay down in those bubbling springs at Tannehill now. It's the only freezing cold water around in these temps.

Amy Anders said...

Sis Tammy,

She did pull a wonderful prank this year. I keep coming here waiting for pictures to be posted of the wonderful prank :)

Wonderful memories!!!!

Vicki Smith said...

Instead of a new post we get a new template? Whatever.