Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Good News Is...

I'm blogging because I have Internet!

The bad news is...
I have Internet because we're staying at Sister Fender's house again.

The good news is...
Sister Fender is a dear and wonderful lady and has opened her home to us anytime we need it.

The bad news is...
We're having to take her up on it because we can't use the water (showers, toilets, etc.) at the Monstrosity right now.

The good news is...
We've been talking to lots of knowledgeable people to try to come up with a solution.

The bad new is...
At the end of the conversation, they're all left scratching their heads and saying, "I don't have a CLUE what's going on."

The good news is...
The toilet in the basement actually WASN'T overflowing all over the basement floor when we went by to check it this evening.

The bad news is...
We don't know why it WAS overflowing, why it ISN'T now, what caused it to START, what caused it to STOP, WHEN it might happen again, and what we can DO to fix it so it doesn't.

That's our life in a nutshell. Not really. That's only the Monstrosity part of our life. Sometimes other things flood in and make the house stuff seem pretty small. It's just a thing, you know. I thank the Lord for sending those reminders to me on occasion. Still, we'd love to find a way to keep the water in the pipes and off the floors. The only time I've ever spent in our basement has been mopping up water or sucking it up with the Shop Vac. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if I ever go to the basement again. I've never had a good time down there. It's funny how your perception can change like that. I used to think about how enjoyable it would be to spend time in the basement on occasion, playing ping pong or something like that. Nah. This basement doesn't hold any games. Just water. On the floor. Most of the time for the past two weeks. It's not fun at all down there like it's supposed to be. In fact, I would just as soon never go to the basement again. Ever.

I'm not actually discouraged, though it may sound so. We just feel sort of at a loss as for what in the world can be causing our problem so we can figure out how to fix it. We're trying to talk to plumbers and septic people to work toward a solution. I'm too tired to do much blogging (no catching up tonight), I really just wanted to put a blip on here and request prayer. I'm beginning to think that our pipes are possessed, but James says this is not a spiritual problem (ha!)--but I would still appreciate any prayers for our pipes! :-) THANK YOU.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I didn't see this post yesterday and I was real concerned that your "fix" wasn't really a fix; but I'm deducing that this post was written BEFORE Roto-Rooter came back with their expensive machine. I'm SO RELIEVED you can use water again! Did you sleep at the Monstrosity last night, or at Sister Beth's? Or at the Powell's? You have so many homes to choose from! ;-)

cokelady said...

We stayed at Sister Beth's house again. We still had our computers and suitcases and hairbrushes and all of that stuff over there, you know. ;-) It is SUCH A BLESSING to have her home available to us right now! Though I must say, throwing a THIRD house into to mix has me really messed up. Now I don't know where ANYTHING is! Ha!

This morning we're going back to the Monstrosity to clean up the mops (we mopped and bleached the entire floor in the basement last night) and return them to the church. Then we're heading home to Brierfield until Sunday unless something else comes up. We're trusting that our water woes are over with now and we can proceed with our originally scheduled remodeling come next week. :-)