Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blog Fail

That's what we have going on here. A serious blog fail. I can't explain it really. I missed blogging about the week after we got home from BTI (including two more exciting snake encounters) and I missed blogging about all of last week--which was full of VBS. I've blogged nothing about this week, and now we're getting ready to leave for Family Camp in the morning--more to blog about! I'll never get it all covered. And I don't even have pictures. All of the pictures are on my computer which is now dead. And can't be charged. Because the DUMB DOG is suddenly on a chewing frenzy (never done it before, but at 9 months old he's chewing on everything) and rendered by power cord... zappy, shall we say? We were dreading paying out the big bucks for a new cord and were excited to find one for only $10 (including shipping) on eBay last night, but James realized this morning that the shipping address was in New Mexico instead of Alabama. ~sigh~ Who knows when it will make it to us, if it ever does. So I'm reduced to using Joe's school computer, which is void of all of the programs that I'm used to using--as well as my picture files, of course. Dumb dog.

That's the bad news. The truly amazing news is that at 9:00 the night before Camp all of the laundry is done, the ironing is done (pause and let that one sink in for a moment... ~ooohhhh~aaahhhh~), the house is clean, wood floors shining, we are completely packed for Camp, the van is already loaded (who am I and what have I done with the real me?!), I have fresh sheets ready to put on the bed, the boarding arrangements for the dog have been made... AMAZING. Something must be dreadfully wrong. The only thing left to do is finalize my devotions for my teen girls.

Ah, yes. Get this... I'm the counsellor for the teen girls. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Could you die?! I feel totally and completely unprepared and ill equipped for this particular duty, but I didn't mention that to the directors. I just told them I'm be more than happy to help in any way I can. Then I walked into the other room and freaked out a little bit. ;-) It seems like a teen counsellor should be... oh, I don't know--a little more grown up than I am! And able to handle confrontation if necessary. I am SUCH a weenie--noooooo good with confrontations. (Nobody tell the girls--maybe I can fake it!) I don't know these girls (have no idea who they even are or how many there will be) and HOW they'll be. Are they fun-loving, holy, spiritual minded girls who are in love with the Lord and using their youth to draw close to Him and develop pure, life-long friendships? Or are they the kind... who will think I'm a total geek and freak out about my "fanaticism"?! HA! I guess we'll find out tomorrow. ;-) I've been doing lots of praying about it for several weeks now and then preparing this week... and I've found myself getting pretty excited here the last day or two. :-)

I'm not going to take the time to try to do ANY catching up tonight. I really need to go make sure I've got all my thoughts straight for my cabin devotions, then try to get decent rest before entering the no-sleep zone otherwise known as Camp. I'm really just here to acknowledge the fact that I'm a blogging failure and announce that I will be back some day. Maybe. :-)

Pray for Alabama Camp!!!

Oh, one more thing... For those who may have been wondering about our housing situation, the Shades Creek house fell through. Long story. Summed up: Fanny Mae is completely irrational and can't be reasoned with. But getting down to the root: God must have something else in mind for us. We felt so totally surrendered to Him through this entire process and just have to believe that it didn't work out at this time for some reason that we're not currently aware of. I need to ask that sneaky Brother Powell if he was praying it would fall through so we'd stay here at his house a little longer... ;-) In any case, we feel happy and settled that God is in control and we have perfect peace that He will direct our steps to where we need to be. In the meantime, we're still feeling so, so, so blessed that He's provided so well for us and that we have such a beautiful place to live in during the "limbo" stage. Though we're going to have to buy the Powells a new set of glasses before we leave... Katie broke #4 (or was it #5?) a few days ago... THAT'S the one truly bad thing about living in somebody else's house! ~sigh~ I'm ready to start breaking our OWN stuff again one of these days. ;-)

Okay, gotta go. Again, pray for Alabama Camp!!!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Has Katie broken ALL of the glasses by herself? We always said she has a lot of her Aunt Sue in her. ;-) HAHAHA!
Congratulations on your preparedness for Camp. Doesn't that freak you out a little bit? When I get stuff done like that it makes me real nervous. I keep wondering what monumental preparation I've obviously failed to remember!
I've been praying for your Camp. I hope it's a truly memorable one . . . in a GOOD way! May God direct every step and may your girls' hearts be totally turned to our Lord and Saviour. Stay surrendered to the Lord and just let the Lord use your vessel for His purposes.
I look forward to hearing all about it when you return. And I hope you'll receive your new laptop cord soon. ;-)

Tammy Washburn said...

Have fun at camp! :) I believe you'll be perfect for those girls.

Amy Jernigan said...

Hey Becki,
Just stumbled across your blog after looking at several other peoples and scanning their list of friends. Thought I would send you this note, even though you may not get it forever......anyway, I was digging through a drawer the other day and found one of the letters that we used to fax back and forth...lots of memories....lots of embarrassment!!!;0) Anyway, just wanted to say hey, so you wouldn't forget me..
Amy J