Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It all started with a wonderfully worthless day

... and has progressed into three days of non-productivity. The first day it felt great. We woke up Monday morning to big, beautiful snow falling out of the sky again. I felt lazy and had no motivation whatsoever. It FELT like a snow day and I was just so happy and so relaxed and so... lazy! Aside from school with the kids, I can't think of a thing I accomplished that day. I let the kids veg out, too. Literally. We watched several of the older Veggie Tales that we hadn't seen in years. And I finished a book I'd gotten from the library a couple of weeks ago. It was a GREAT day!

By the end of it I was feeling a little itchy to DO something and ended up sorting some papers and trash and getting a few things cleaned up. But just a few. :-)

Yesterday I had every intention of making up for my motivation deficiency the day before. Unfortunately I got off to a slow start and then we ended up going to the library, disrupting my house cleaning agenda. Came home and just didn't have any steam. I read several library books to Sam and spent the rest of the evening dinking around on the computer and watching the Olympics.

This morning I woke up feeling the double necessity of getting something ACCOMPLISHED around here. But alas, it was not to be. Today I have tried so hard to do something, but I am soooooooo tired. Why in the world is a person who has done NOTHING for two days TIRED?! It doesn't make any sense at all, but I've been yawning and stretching all day long, meandering slowly around the house seeing all of the things I wish I could make myself do. I managed to vacuum a couple of rooms and I made last nights roast (at least I cooked yesterday) into a pretty good stew for tonight. I did get the laundry done between yesterday and today... That's about it, I think. Can't make myself clean the bathrooms or floors or the things I should have had done two days ago. Just... ~yawn~... too tired.

The other thing we haven't accomplished this week is retrieving our new van. But that's not due to my laziness, thank goodness! :-) The "part" (I have no clue what it is--don't ask; all I know is it's not anything major) was supposed to be in yesterday and they expected to be able to get the work done by 3:00 or 4:00. Ha. I know mechanics. None personally at this point in time, but that's just as well with me. My feelings about them are comparable to my feelings about weathermen. Liars. ;-) They called yesterday to say the parts truck didn't get there due to the snow, so they expected to get the part this morning and have everything up and running by this afternoon. I, of course, didn't expect that. James called to check on things this afternoon, but couldn't talk to anybody who actually knew anything--and they never called back. So now we've been the proud owners of a new van for five whole days... that we have yet to go pick up. :-) No big deal since the dealership loaned us another van until they get ours to us. If they don't get our van fixed tomorrow we'll have to call and let them know that the van they loaned us is going to come back with a whole bunch of extra miles. We've got District Convention in Alamogordo this weekend and we've got to get their somehow! That would be fine with James. He'd love to put the miles on their van instead of ours! Ha!

That's about it. Nothing exciting, no pictures, and no accomplishments to report. Hopefully next time will be a little better! :-)

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I love reading about even boring, lazy days. ANYTHING is great. Sorry about the van. That stinks. And James is right--put the miles on THEIR van. They deserve it. ;-)

Tammy K. said...

see you tomorrow