Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hhmmm.

I haven't gotten back into blogging very well, have I? I've missed blogging and really thought I would dive in head first once I got started up again. So I'm just as surprised as you are! ;-) Things have been crazy, but that excuse only holds up for so long.

I really don't have much to say and shouldn't take the time to blog right now anyway. My life is "normal" today for the first time in several weeks, but now I've got a Regional Paper to put together! We'll be going on a mini-trip tomorrow and will be back Saturday night. That all means that I have no business blogging. But here I am!

Camp has been so long ago now and life since then has been such a blur that I'm not sure how many details I will be able to recall. So I'll post pictures instead. :-) I'm hoping to put together a Camp paper like we did last year, but I've waited so long now... We'll see. Maybe I'll start working on it next week and see if it will come together. I do know that we had one of the most glorious Camps ever! God just did sooooo much for us there and we're still rejoicing over it. It was just amazing. We had 106 campers this year (our largest camp ever), 20 saved, 17 sanctified, 15 filled with the Holy Ghost, 6 healings, 1 joined church, and 2 called into the ministry. WOWZERS! It was just sooooo good. (By the way, I didn't actually remember those numbers... I stole them from something James had written up! Ha!)

I don't have time for much, but I'll post some pictures from the first full day of Camp. First of all, here are our tireless directors: Dustin and Jamey Hays. They did a FANTASTIC job with this Camp. Which, of course, means that we know who did all of the actual work ahead of time. ;-) Ha!

We included a Camp t-shirt in the tuition prices this year and I'm so glad we did--made for a terrific Camp picture!

And here are just a few other shots from Camp shirt day. Haley didn't go for the "expedition hats" that several of the others had. For some reason (???) she preferred this one.

Little Miss Sadie, all ready for the great expedition...

Uummm... I'm at a loss. Come up with your own caption! HA!

Again, you're on your own! ;-)


And finally, here is a video clip of the one night that we were able to have Fun Time. (Most nights the services lasted so long that we just didn't have time for anything afterward.) The guys had stocking caps on their heads, wrapped in duct tape (sticky side out) and had to pick up as many plastic forks and spoons as possible. :-)



Okay, that's it! More later... though it will no doubt be a few days. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Bec! Hey I hope you had a happy birthday! We were thinking about you! Love you!!

cokelady said...

Wow! Thanks, Lib! I always think of you and Johnny on your birthdays, too. Too bad we only think and never send cards like that crafty sister of yours, hu? Ha! Glad to know you were thinking of me. :-) Love you, too.

Marcia Brooks said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday haven't been around blogville very much these days. I'm a slacker. :) Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I forgot how many folks came this year. Wow! it was a great turnout. Praise the Lord for all the experiences! Enjoyed getting to see you all and spend a little time together.

Rebekah Doran said...

Enjoyed the pictures and the video clip. Thanks for putting them up!

You had a birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What did you do for you birthday?

Vicki Smith said...

I don't know if my computer is ill, or if something goofy is going on with blogger, but I've been to this post several times (since it's been a WHILE since you put it up), but the comment option hasn't been here. There was just NOTHING below the video clip. FINALLY I get to comment.
THANKS for posting! :-D It's time for a new one now.